I am finally taking the plunge!

1. I have been lurking around here for a few months, watching, learning and saving for my first Chanel purchase, a jumbo, classic flap in black caviar with gold hardware. I thought I would have more time to save but with the Feb. 1 price increase looming I have to move up my purchase.
    Please think good thoughts while Saks does a search for a jumbo for me. I live near the flagship Nordstrom store in Seattle but when I went there today they said they didn't order the jumbo classic.
    I have never spent this much on a bag before and so have some anxiety about it but I have wanted this bag for years. :sweatdrop:
  2. The anxiety is normal because it is a lot of money to spend. It is so worth it though.

I have the Black Jumbo Caviar classic flap with silver hardware, and I love it.

It's such a great bag and very versatile. You can dress it up or down. I wear it with jeans or with my suits to work.

Good luck and post pics when you get it.
  3. Oh you are going to be so excited when you get it!! ;) Hehe
    The jumbo caviar is a VERY classic bag -- it will last you forever!
  4. Oh congrats!
    What a great bag!
  5. NWpurselover, I hope Saks finds you one. You are right, it is alot of money to spend on a bag. I bought my black caviar 10 years ago and it is definitely the ONLY bag I still carry that I bought pre-millenium. I consider the cost-per-use so in the long run, it is a better investment than any "IT" bag you may spend hundreds on and not carry next year.
    Also, I have discovered that it is better for us in the NW to go to Saks because then we don't have to pay that hefty 8.8% tax which is HUGE on any Chanel purchase. It is a savings of about $150. So I hope they find one for you. Good luck!
  6. Good luck! That's a great bag and totally worth the money for how long you can use it!
  7. Yeah.good luck!!!!!!
  8. You'll love it!!! I just got my Jumbo Flap in black Caviar w/ silver hw....I can't believe how much I love it :nuts: !!!! I love the feel of it and it's very comfortable to hold...............you will not regret it!!!!:love:
  9. Thank you all for writing. The bag will be on it's way from Saks in Dallas tomorrow!