I am curious! Which would you choose for a Gold Birkin....

Palladium or Gold Hardware, that is the Question?

• Palladium

• Gold

• Other (please specify in your post)

Results are only viewable after voting.
jag, if I'd not seen shopmom's gold birkin with GHW, I would have voted for PHW, which is the combo that I have. But eversince I saw shopmom's combo, I think that's perfection like black box with GHW.

Thank you ladies! My head is spinning after seeing Gold in Swift, and Grand Fonds Natural Chamonix! I just want everything! I think I am leaning towards gold hardware though. At least, today I am!:P

Jag, I feel I would love gold swift with white topstitch....did it resemble barenia to you??? Would it be a good barenia substitute as to the way it looks?

^^I'm beginning to like rouge H with gold too. Lately I've been thinking gold hw with every blinking thing, lol!

It's exactly what's happening to me. I just went through an 8 years where I thought everything palladium hw, and now I'm going back to gold.
I think that even if H bags are a classic, there's something in the air that makes us want to "play" with these small details, some kind of mood that's regarding what has generally been "in" lately.
But I also think that's just a thought, and as I said before, H bags are such a classic that whatever hw they come with, once we we love them and we will wear them a lot.

Thank you everyone for helping me with this! I really appreciate your thoughtful responses!

I am still leaning towards Gold with Gold Hardware, and as far as leather- there is something about luxwear's picture of Gold Swift that is making my head spin and my heart pound! And with swift, I can be flexible because both hardware is incredible! I need to learn more about swift- so anyone with a swift birkin please step up and tell me about how you like this leather!!!

But I am still torn about togo and clemence. Are they so similar that it doesn't matter which one I end up with?

Jag...you are talking to the queen of "taking a long time to make a decision"!!!

Trust me...I know how you feel.

Once you decide you will be at peace. If I have you pegged...you will be on to plotting your next bag!

I voted "other"...unless a SO...decision may be based on availability... I actually like this option...try on an available gold bag...evaluate "magic"...decide...done...next... : )

Thank you everyone for helping me with this! I really appreciate your thoughtful responses!

I am still leaning towards Gold with Gold Hardware, and as far as leather- there is something about luxwear's picture of Gold Swift that is making my head spin and my heart pound! And with swift, I can be flexible because both hardware is incredible! I need to learn more about swift- so anyone with a swift birkin please step up and tell me about how you like this leather!!!

But I am still torn about togo and clemence. Are they so similar that it doesn't matter which one I end up with?

jag, Swift is orgasmic!! Go for it!

Hey, I'd love to see a swift something in gold....IRL....Birkin, Kelly, Bolide....all with white topstitch. I'm thinking it would be an excellet choice for a lady ( me) who loves barenia but who does not want the fuss of barenia, but, rather, the "look" of it...as close as she can get.

jag, Swift is orgasmic!! Go for it!

Hey, I'd love to see a swift something in gold....IRL....Birkin, Kelly, Bolide....all with white topstitch. I'm thinking it would be an excellet choice for a lady ( me) who loves barenia but who does not want the fuss of barenia, but, rather, the "look" of it...as close as she can get.

I totally agree with you Isus! BUt I am worried about how a birkin in swift will sag with time. :shrugs: But the color in swift is magnificent!