I am an antique jewelry expert

1. Hi all,
    I am a third generation antique jeweler. If anyone has any questions I can certainly help. I used to teach classes on the subject and now have a busy website. I would be happy to help in any way. I love antique jewelry.:yahoo:

PS--I know little to nothing on new jewelry--sorry.

2. Hi! Apparently this forum has deleted your website address so I cannot contact you that way. I don't know what your specific area of expertise is in.

My little daughter was digging around our house (built before 1886) and found a 1" gold pin with etchings - it also has one seed pearl. It's in pretty good shape. The clasp is unusual - it's not a "C" clasp, it's more like a "hood" clasp. Is it Edwardian or Victorian? I do believe it is authentic.

She thinks it's neat to have found a treasure. We're just looking for some history behind it. I'd appreciate any insight you can give.

pinfront.jpg pinback.jpg pinside.jpg
  3. I recentley found out that I have a couple of diamonds that are 'Old European Cut', which after searching Wikipedia I noticed is a cut that was used mostly in the 19th Century before the round brilliant came into practice in 1919. I was just wondering if the Old European Cut is ever still used today?

4. Great Thread! I have a pair of earrings that are suppose to be "antique" I will take pics, would love to know about them!

5. Where do you stand on the Cleaning Question?

Dump it all in the foil-lined pan with salt and soda, or soft brush and pointy Q tip and avoid moisture like the plague?

6. Any idea where I can get a regards ring today?

7. Hi, I have a hallmarked 22ct gold ring. Was wondering if i could email you a picture so you could possibly help me figure out when it was made and how much it could be worth.
    Thanks

8. This thread is four years old, so I'm not sure you'll get a response from the OP.

9. Seeing as she never answered any of the questions, I suspect the thread was only started to promote her website. Which has been edited out. Good.

10. That's what I thought when I first saw it. I hate it when people spam these forums!

11. I think I'll start some threads about all my expertise's. I just have to think of what they are. Enabling?

12. The user is still actively posting. Just not in here.