Hypersensitive skin...which sunscreen would u rec...

i don't know about chemical free, but i've recently started using peter thomas roth's powder sunscreen which hasn't caused any reaction in my super-sensitive skin so far--no break outs or hives or anything! :tup:

WOW this is great to know about the burt's bees one, I called my logical organic supermarket which is just down the street from here and they carry it!! I can't wait to use it, I've been using neutrogena spray and I have psoriasis so I'm always worried about one thing or another.

Thanks ladies!

Clinique just came out with a new one for very sensitive skin. It's in silver packaging and called Protecive Base SPF 40. I don't usually like most things Clinique, but this is wonderful. I can wear it alone and it also works perfectly under makeup. Costs around $40.

oh i forgot about this one too, its by LindiSkin, which is a company for those of us who are on chemotherapy/radiation (which makes the skin VERY sensitive!!!) I can personally say that their other products (like the face serum and body lotion in particular, although I have been pleased with the rest of the line too) are just great yet gentile. I havnt tried the sunblock, but heres what the company says about it:

"Alcohol free, Lindi Sun offers broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection for everyday use. This lightweight SPF 30+ sunscreen mist provides total coverage, and it's so easy to use. Lindi Sun dries quickly and offers great protection from the sun's damaging rays.

Fragrance-free or with a light tropical scent, Lindi Sun is water & perspiration resistant and contains no alcohol, oil or PABA.
"
http://www.lindiskin.net/store/sun-screen.html

obviously you dont need to be going through treatment to use their products, theyre great even if you need gentile skin care for very sensitive skin. :yes:

Oh, thanks so much for all your suggestions. I will forward these info to my friend, but for myself, I would love to try out the one from Burt's Bee (wish they offer a higher spf though).

Thanks again!:flowers:

I have ultra-ultra sensitive skin and use Banana Boat baby sun block for my body. For my face, I find that Clarins is the best, plus it makes a great primer. Clinique's City Block is my second favorite. It doesn't irritate my skin, but it doesn't prime the skin for makeup like Clarins does.

My pediatrician reccommended for my dd that I use a lower spf and apply more often.
The higher the spf, the more her skin reacts. I've found that she does ok w/30, but if I can use a gentle 15 on her and apply every 30 min., her skin does so much better.

I'll second Clinique's City Block. I use it for my face and I use Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunscreen for my body. They're the ONLY two products that I've tried that didn't make my skin red, itchy, and swollen.