1. Has anyone had surgery for Hyperhidrosis? How are the results? Cost?

Thanks! :flowers:

2. ...I'm sorry, but what is Hyperhidrosis? :confused1:
  3. I looked in to it a year ago, but never proceed with it. I get sweaty palms and feet all the time. It is so embarrassing...BEADS of sweat. I am in software sales so I am always in front of customers with sweaty palms...:drool: or drooly hands. I did buy this stuff from the internet called Dry Touch Hands and I think it was $10 or so. I ended up buying it a year ago and still use today. It come in a little eye dropper bottle and it actually dries out your hands.
  4. I just looked this up to see what it was...apparently you can get botox injections! I guess depending on where this is happening. I think that's something to consider.
  5. I was very interested in this. I sweat on my upper lip- alot. Even when im not hot. Its very annoying, it makes me look like i am panicing, when i'm not. And ruins the make up!

I was told botox is great for curing excessive sweating. I'm looking into it for next summer. Quite pricey though.
  6. Yes, it would be very pricey upkeep, but I read about the surgery, and it seems too scary.
  7. I had surgery for Hyperhidrosis about 12 years ago and it was one of the best things I've ever done. My main problem were the palms of my hands. While I was in school I would wear several pairs of gloves while writing so I wouldn't sweat right through the paper. It was extremely uncomfortable and embarrassing. One of my coworkers had the same surgery last year and in was a simple outpatient procedure..in the morning and out in the afternoon. The laproscopy technique is still the same as the one used on me. 3 tiny incisions are made underneath the armpit area and the sympathetic nerves (that control sweat production) are snipped. Takes about 30 minutes. Pain is minimal (tylenol worked) and you avoid havy lifting or streneous arm exercise for awhile. Since the surgery, I've had no complications and the sweating has not come back. The cost was free here (in Canada) because of our healthcare system...I'm not sure about the U.S. Hope this helps! Feel free to PM me if you need any more info :smile:
  8. ^^ Pm'd you!
  9. It is a surgery to stop excessive sweating.