Hyper flexibility?

1. I was wondering if any of you have this?

I'm hyper flexible and so far it means that it is really easy for me to be flexible and stretch. Also it means that if I'm running outside, it is very easy for me to twist my ankle.

Does anyone else have any additional info about this? Thanks!
  2. I am really flexible too, but my ankles twist (even when I am walking) because of pronation. Basically when my foot hits the ground after each stride it may not be where it should be biomechanically, so I roll it under and trip and fall...maybe thats what you have?
  3. I didn't know there was a name for this! I'm always falling down thanks to my right ankle doing that...
  4. No, my ankle is in the right place. It's ok, I talked to my trainer about how to stretch properly based on the hyper flexibility thing.

Thanks though
  5. Thats awesome, though there are somethings you should be worries about, their is a difference between flexable which seems like what you are and hyper-mobile or highly laxity in joints. If either one of those are the case you are going to be subjected to an increase in injury, especially in regards to the lower body. If this is the case I would recommend that you begin develope strength.
  6. Thanks a lot for the tip! :smile:
  7. no problem you can usually tell if someone has this if they can take there thumbs and touch it to their forearm. Then it's more likely due to a gentic thing then an injury.