Hype bags: Pros and Cons

1. What do you guys think of them? I got a patent Hype from Bluefly awhile ago and darned if it's not as nice as a Kooba patent that I spent 5 times as much on! :wtf:

I just saw this gunmetal Hype: http://bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2068262857&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2037487291&N=2037487273&Ns=Popularity%7c0%7c%7cProduct%2bCode%7c1&Nu=Product+ID

And I've been debating on one of the pewter Kooba bags, but maybe I need to rethink it and get the Hype.

What's your experience with this brand? Good, bad, indifferent?

2. I have a Hype bag and I am actually getting the Artletty Satchel in Gunmetal and I could not say better things about the brand. Not to expensive and the quality is outstanding. If you do a thread search you can see tons of entries on Hype. They are great!!

3. I've had a few bags from Hype and the quality is certainly nothing to complain about and the prices are just fantastic. They certainly hold up very well and I've never had issues with craftmanship. I also love how their purses are trendy without being over the top. I LOVE that gunmetal Hype..it's just TDF. Please let us know if you get it!

4. I beg to differ! The only experience I had with Hype bags was not good!

I got a Hype Everest Satchel in bronze and the leather was awful:tdown:...I want to beleive that the fact that it was a mettalic was what made the leather so "brittle" feeling.

I know princessaj recently purchased the same bag in brown leather and she had nothing but good things to say about it...I had to send it back. Just my 2 cents.

5. I bought one Hype bag from a trendy NYC boutique, I liked the design and the color but it turned out not to be leather. I have a hard time justifying $200+ for non-leather so I got rid of it.