1. Helloooo!

I am a huge fan of eating...I know...NOT GOOD. LOL :wlae::nuts:

I had greek food for the first time the other week and looooved the hummus they had there!!!

I went grocery last nite and picked up 2 containers of hummus...

So I was wondering...WHAT CAN U DIP IN HUMMUS?

Please do share!

2. Is it bad? I always thought it was quite good! :shame:

Raw carrots and raw peppers are good to dip. Also it's fab with jalapeno slices in crusty bread sandwiches
  3. yummmm...its barely 7am and i want some hummus! lol
  4. Lol, maybe not for breakfast though!
  5. Pita.

Hummus also makes a good spread for sandwiches.
  6. I buy these pita chips at the grocery store, they are parmesan and... I forget, but the combination is sooooo goooooooooood. I'll post a more helpful response this weekend when I pick up supplies and can tell you exactly! lol
  7. I freaking LIVE on hummus! :yahoo: My favorite is actually the plain ole' tahini hummus - but I also like garlic, roasted red pepper, horse radish, etc :p

I use whole Melba toast, pita chips, regular pita, or, my faaavorite, whole wheat mini sesame breadsticks. They sell em' at Stop and Shop. This is the brand I get (but for some reason in the store they're in a green bag) - I loooooove em' with hummus!
    ANGONOA'S - The Original Bakers of Breadsticks

But if you're gonna eat anything, hummus is actually very good for you. A great source of veggie protein! :yes:
  8. Love, love, love hummus. Pita bread is perfect with it. I also make a wonderful hummus sandwich with sesame bread from Whole Foods, romaine lettuce, sliced tomatoes and sliced onions.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think has a ton of calories in it. So that's another plus.
  9. I loooove hummus! It's good with anything... veggies (my favorites with it are carrot and celery sticks and cherry/grape tomatoes), pita, tortilla chips, crackers, cheese, whatever. Yum.
  10. It is also really good with veggies.. chips, pita, bread! Great source of protein!
  11. Hummus is very healthy and relatively low in calories compared to other dips. I like to dip:
    Red Peppers (My favorite)
    Pita Chips
    baked tortilla chips
  12. When I make hummus I usually arrange it by spreading out on a plate, then adding olive oil on top and some (sumac) or lemon juice for sour taste then eat with bread.

Baby carrots and celery sticks are good for dipping.
  13. I like to use jicama slices.

I don't like garlic, so I make my own hummus.

1 can garbonzo beans
    few tablespoons tahini
    1/4 to 1/2 cup lemon or lime juice
    paprika - the really good stuff from Hungary
    salt and pepper to taste

Whirl in food processor. Done.
  14. So..its been almost 12 hours since I started this thread..

I finished 1 small container of hummus today. LOL

I ate it with the Quaker chips!!! :sweatdrop::drool:
  15. What can you NOT dip in Hummus?? MMMMMmmmmm.... veggies, pita, bread, crackers, pretzels, tortillas, your fingers, anything!!! love the stuff. Enjoy!