hudson love, one year later

1. I've now had my Hudson for a little over a year, and I've recently noticed that I actually love the bag a lot more as its aged than I did when it was new.

It has gotten quite smooshy, I think because of the interior leather softening up actually, not the exterior (I have one of the leather-lined ones). Therefore it sits more comfortably under my arm and is just generally less bulky than before. This also makes it seem lighter to me, clearly that's just in my head though :p

In the first few months after buying the bag I sort of regretted it. Now, I love it.

Anyone else feel this way?
  2. i've since sold my hudson, but i still have my striping bowler. it's similar to the hudson. i call it the hilary duff bag since she always seems to be pictured carrying it. i've always been a big fan of the striping line (tuffcookie knows how it is! :yes:) i love the leather, the colors, the contrast stripes, and the pushlock detail. i haven't been using it as much as i would like. i consider it more of a fall/winter bag, but now that the season is approaching, i'm sure i'll be carrying it everyday.

i'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your hudson though! i've found that the more i use my mj bags, the softer the leather gets, and the more i love 'em!
  3. ^ you got that right tadpolenyc! i am obsessed with the hudson line. its clearly my favorite bag of all time! :biggrin:
  4. I haven't a striping bag, but I love the way they look! So elegant and chic with a little vintage going. The Hudson is clearly a bag that ages well, congratulations!
  5. :tup::heart::drool:
  6. Ugh I would kill for a striping bowler (or a hudson)! So jealous of you guys, it is one of my very favorite bags of all time, and now that I could afford it, it is nowhere, so sad!
  7. Thanks, tuffcookie! I put it up on the authenticate this thread, just to be sure, so yay, it might work out! Thanks!
  8. goodluck. let us know if it works out :smile:
  9. I don't own a Hudson, but I think it's beautiful!
  10. was the bag proven authentic? i saw the seller posted pictures of the zipperheads and zipper pulls. i think you should go for it!! :yahoo:
  11. I hear ya. My Hudson bag has aged well too. The leather is beautiful.
  12. I have the striping bowler too - which is similar to the Hudson but smaller.... I LOVE it more and more over time!
    But a question - has anyone with a Hudson or similar bag like the striping bowler had any of the gold hardware where the striping threads through to the bag come loose? Mine did, and I am not sure if this can be fixed. Ideas????
    P.S. I know that this isn't due to a poorly made knock off or something...I bought the bag at an MJ store.
  13. i'm finding that I use it a lot more frequently in this second year of its life than its first year, I actually grab for it in the morning when I used to force myself to incorporate it into the rotation.

and I haven't had any hardware issues, but at most retailers you can take the bag back to be fixed if you bought it within a year, I'd think the MJ store would help you.
  14. ^ ive never had a problem with any of the hardware either, and i use my hudson everyday! i've also heard of people having problems with the rolled handles; with the seam in the middle coming loose.