how young is too young?

In my humble opinion~a Speedy might look too grown-up on a 12 year old. A pochette accessories in mono sounds just right for that age...BTW I got my first at age 17 for high school grad. I didn't even know LV back then~! Your daughter has got great taste :smile:

Miss Liza & Mary said:
well.... ihave no ideas. does ANYBODY HAVE ANY OTHER BAGS IDEAS FOR MY DAUGHTER?

IMO it depends on whether or not you feel your daughter is mature enough to be able to take care of the LV AND not be completely ostentatious about it. I think that is my biggest pet peeve about young teens with designer bags. Some of the young people I've seen around with Chanels, LV, et cetera have a certain air about them and give a condescending look to those carrying "lesser" brands.

I'm sure your daughter is not at all like these children though.

Did you decide to buy an LV? Or are you looking for other brands? Some cute LVs would be a pochette, mini speedy, sonatine, recital, florentine. I think if i saw a 12 year old with a speedy i would :rolleyes: but that's just me.

Miss Liza & Mary said:
heres one thing.. my husband HATES buying designer bags (for me:sad: ), but i guess he survives with my big credit card bills. anyway, my hubby goes absolulty NUTS! WHAT AM I GOING TO TELL HIM IF I BUY MY DAGHTHER A LV? please help!

Well, damn....The question is: What is he going to tell you (and her)? To the ladies that have already bought the girls (especially baby girls) LV what do your husbands say?

ok. ive decided between two for my daughter's 13th birthday. either the panda pochette or the ceriese pochette. if they have any by this october of the ceriese pochettes left form 866 VUITTON, ill buy it new, but if not, ill buy a new one from ebay (with Q.U.R.A.P. :P ) with the panda, ill buy it from ebay.

WHICH ONE? :wondering

botH (probably noT)

panda

ceriese

i think the thing to watch out for with a young girl carrying logo-ed designer, is that they don't base their identity and self-esteem on the fact that they have one, which an older person might be less likely to do cos they're more settled about what they're basing theirs on already.

and also, depending on their social environment, that they don't stand out TOO much in a way that is obnoxious to others or draws negative attention. if other girls her age and in her circle have designer things, then it's ok.

if that's not a problem - then i think the cerises is very cute.

I got my first designer purse at age 13. It was a small Gucci and I LOVED it. It was one of their cheaper purses (probably their cheapest). But it meant so much to me. I still remember to this day how I felt when my mother gave it to me. She thought it was ridiculous, but bought if for me because I love it so much. It may seem silly, but its a memory I will have forever. I do think a speedy is too mature for someone so young, but the pochette (cherry or panda) would be perfect. As long as she knows how expensive they are, and as long as she will be responsible with it I think it will be fine.