How would you handle this????

1. OK everyone, after lurking here for about two months, and familiarizing myself with this incredible company, I took the plunge and bought myself a twilly, then a scarf, then an agenda.
    I went to Venice with my beautiful mother about 3 weeks ago and fell more in love with Hermes thanks to the beautiful shop (and incredible salespeople and friendly customer service). I also visited the shop at the airport in Zurich on the way back to Boston and they were wonderful there as well.
    SO here is the issue......
    I contacted the Madison Avenue store by phone on MOnday. I finally received a call back at the end of the day so that I could order a Projets Carres scarf. TO make a long story short, the customer service was not good....very abrupt, condescending when I declined to pay by Amex, and so on......I realize much of that encounter was subjective, so I will continue to this point to follow. I received the scarf today. It is gorgeous. The price of the scarf is 325.
    I was charged 345 plus an additional shipping charge.
    Before I call, is this typical for Hermes to "mark up" if you are not buying in person, or not? I can only assume that my salesperson who I will not name was in a rush or wasn't attentive.
    What would you guys do in this circumstance? Twenty dollars isn't the issue at this point....it is as they say, "the principle of it"
    The only reason I did not order from the Boston store is they are out of this scarf....

2. Congrats, Amazonb, on your new scarf I love projets. Have you taken Sales Tax into account?

3. That was what came to mind as well. Are there sales taxes in NYC?

4. ^^ yes, although if it is going to Boston, they would have added the Boston sales tax.

5. When I bought a bag from the Boston store, Hermes charged me the Boston sales tax, which was several percentage points lower than the sales tax in my city. $20 sounds about right for sales tax in Boston. Isn't the sales tax on a $325 scarf closer to $30 in Manhattan? It seems like that's what they charged me for my CPC scarf...

6. I would say that you were indeed charged the Boston tax; when I ordered my CDC ring from Hermes Las Vegas, Me receipt showed that I was charged the tax of Boston plus shipping.