How would you feel if you know that your Cartier necklace is not made in Paris?

1. Talking about discounts at Cartier on a thread in this sub-forum, I thought it would be interesting to know your opinions because I've just had a discussion about this during an unusually very boring day at the office.

It's obvious that if you buy your necklace outside France, it is not made in Paris (evidence: someone stole £100m worth of ice from a Cartier workshop in London). Personally I don't really care but some poeple (including my colleague) insist on having it made in Paris. Going to Paris on Eurostar isn't exactly expensive but I would like to get discount on it if I get it from far away places in the other corner of the world.

How about you? If you have a Cartier piece does it have to say 'Made in Paris' on the tin, LOL?

2. No, I don't care. All I care about is the design and style. If the workmanship is up to Cartier's standards, it's up to mine too.

3. Yes I would care. Same with LV etc., I wouldn't buy it if it was stamped with anything other than 'Made in France'. Born snobby.

4. No, not important, however I don't want it made in China or Mexico or any nation where rights of workers may be exploited...

5. Nope, I agree with Sonya. If the standards are Cartier's, I don't care where it was put together. This does make me wonder though, can one really be sure it was made in Paris? Perhaps it was made in London and sent back to Paris for final inspection and stamping. Personally, I don't get too hung up on the small stuff.

C.

6. I wouldn't care and I'm looking at some Cartier engagement rings soon (hopefully, they're checking inventory).

7. I wouldn't care either just like LV

8. i agree with sonya & champaign. im for style/design & quality.

9. I never considered checking where was made.. as long as it comes in cartier giftbox and its bling bling in a Cartier way..it doesn't matter :smile: