How well does the epi leather hold up? (considering purchasing an agenda)

1. Hi guys,

I'm considering purchasing an LV agenda, probably the black epi medium agenda. I also considered the mono agenda because the mono canvas seems pretty indestructible and seems to look new even after much use, but I think I want something a bit more subtle.

Those of you who have epi bags/accessories, do you find the epi canvas holds up well? I take good care of my things, but I do want something that I can throw in my bag without having to worry about it getting damaged. For the most part the things I've read about the epi leather have been positive but I've also seen some people say that the edges of their epi wallets got worn very quickly even with gentle usage and I'm a bit worried about that. I want whatever agenda I buy go last me at least a few years, lol. Those of you with epi items, does the leather wear pretty well?

Thanks in advance :smile:
  2. Hi hi!

I have an epi ivoire wallet. well. i pretty much throw it around (ok not literally).. i don't baby it, and it looks pretty much as new as the day i got it.

so there you go! epi is pretty lasting! go for it go for it!
  3. Epi leather is very durable. I have a red Epi Pocket Agenda and love it to death.
  4. same as John 5 ^^^... its very resistant to everyday wear.
  5. Thanks guys! Good to know :smile:
  6. I have the small mandarin agenda. I use it everyday as an agenda/additional wallet. It still looks fantastic. It was actually my 2nd LV purchase and it still makes me smile everyday. :smile:
  7. I've had my black Epi wallet for about 5 years. I use it every day and do not baby it. If you look closely, in bright sunlight, the edges have a little wear on them. Otherwise, the wallet looks like it is in mint condition. I would buy another Epi wallet in a heartbeat.
  8. I am so glad to hear this! I too am eyeing some small epi items (zippy coin purse and maybe an agenda) and have been worried about durability!
  9. My epi almas have bene great--worry free and show very little wear.

My epi zippy is doing ok. The body of it looks great, but the color seemed to quickly wear off the edges. Now I periodically have to color the edges in with a red sharpie....
  10. Thanks for the info guys. :smile:
  11. I have many mandarin epi pieces. I have noticed that my wallet has a little wear on one side. Yes, I do baby my LV, so I am disappointed. For the most part, epi is fantastic.
  12. From what I've seen, it holds up pretty well. My only concern is that over time it might be susceptible to scratches and "wrinkling"...I don't know how long that would take, though. I hate to be a damper, but I have seen vintage epi bags and they don't look that attractive. :sad: I really loved the zippy coin purse in cassis when I saw it at the boutique yesterday, but I couldn't help but keep the wrinkling in the back of my head...
  13. My epi has all been purchased used on eBay. The red key wallet's color rubs off, but the older red Jeune Fille's color is fine. The gold petit noe that has the edge worn completely through the leather at one point on the top has no wrinkles and looks fantastic in use. The vanilla agenda gets dirt marks but the coffee my DH spilled on it wiped off fine. The blue wallet and change purse and green billfold are worn in and feel great. I love epi. The vanilla is the newest piece, others are 10-17 years old.

I would choose a color where edge wear would blend with the color of the leather. Black would be fine as the undercolor of the leather is dark brown. My little agenda isn't getting any wrinkles or edge wear yet but I haven't had it a year.
  14. I've been using my red epi koala wallet for a fairly long time now. It is used daily and is always at the bottom of some handbag. It has never looked worn, wrinkled or discolored. I also have a red Alma, but can't really comment on how it has worn, since I've only used it a few times. I think epi for a frequently used/abused small accessory is a very good choice.
  15. Epi leather is AMAZING!! I've had my zippy organizer for 1 year and it looks brand new. When I first got my wallet, my kitten got ahold of it once and used it as a chew toy, but there aren't any scratches or teeth marks at all!