How to you protect/preserve your leather soled Chanel shoes?

1. Dear Bloggers,

I bought these beautiful over the knee lambskin Chanel boots last season and the soles are already starting to wear down and the tip of the shoe starting to get rubbed and soft. I am a little ignorant about these matters but to all you ladies buy leather soled shoes and then take them to a shoe repair person to have different soles added, or how do you protect your shoes from turning into thin-soled little nothings? Or, is one supposed to just replace the sole later when it wears away? Teach me. And if any of you ladies do use someone and are local to the SF Bay Area, tell me who you use please.

P.S.
    I am also looking for a good drycleaner/alterations in the area and a good hairdresser and a good furrier, someone to fix a fur coat.

Thank you!

2. I'm sure you could take them to a cobbler and see what they could do in terms of replacing the sole.

Whenever I get new shoes I go to Aldo and buy their stick on sole protector pads. I like them because they provide traction and because the pads get worn down instead of the sole itself. :yes:

3. I don't go crazy putting full protection on my shoes, but I do use foot petals sole stoppers on all my leather soled shoes, they protect and give a bit of grip. Don't have much input on your other inquiries however I will say that true dry cleaning soaks your clothing in very caustic chemicals that could then be absorbed by your skin upon wearing your clothes, I avoid it at all costs.

4. I have a great cobbler that hand hammers little rubber soles onto the leather-soled items I will be wearing outdoors. It costs $40 but it's worth it.

5. Before I wear any new shoes I take them to the cobbler and have heels and taps put on. They use tiny nails to attach the rubber heel plate on and then one for the front. Both front and heel areas will be the first wear. It's better (as in cheaper) to replace the taps than to have to resole the shoe/boot.

I polish leather as needed (minimum twice a year to condition as well). If the shoe is non-leather or suede as in some ballet flats, I spray the fabric ones with Scotchguard lightly or if suede, with suede protector. Have a suede brush on hand to brush off dirt as needed.

Between wearing, I resuff the shoes so they maintain shape and if they're not in their respective boxes, they're in dust jackets.

Barring this, make a shoe alter and worship them rather than wear them -- in which case just dust them and condition them :smile: