how to make clothes stay on the hanger?

1. hi, I have wooden hangers in my wardrobe, with the grooves for straps but sometimes I have something with a side-ish neck and soft frabic and it slips off the hanger.

the clothes shops sometimes have some rubber on their hangers to keep things on. I don;t knwo if it's possble to buy something like that :shrugs: or is there a DIY tip I could try?

any suggestions welcome :flowers:

2. Huggable Hangers by Joy Magano works for me.

3. ^^^ I really want to get those! I want black but they were sold out. Are the really as wonderful and everyone claims?

4. I SECOND THAT LVBABY! lol my mom bought my sis and i them and they totally work.

5. Container Store and Restoration Hardware used to sell a nifty little package of black grippy stuff you just wrap on the ends of your hangers. Looks pretty good like the hangers came that way. I use it, it's great:biggrin:

6. I get the velvet hangers from Bed Bath & Beyond and they work great. I just got the value pack and got and additional 20% off with my coupon from the mail. :tup:
    Set of 50 for $39.99 and 20% off.

7. I hang some of my clothes by the tag on the back of the garment. Just loop the tag over the hook of the hanger and it'll stay on.

8. I use huggable hangers. I can put anything on those suckers and it will stay on. However I think any velvet hanger will work the same.

9. I have definitely got to buy some nice hangers. It's appalling that all my beautiful clothes are hanging on ugly plastic hangers.

10. You could always wrap a rubber band around the "arms" of the hanger. That should provide some traction to prevent your garment from slipping.

11. I looked up huggable hangers and they are ridiculously expensive in the UK. I'll try the elastic band thing, it sounds like it should work.

12. Try these.
    "Grippy Hangers" from www.containerstore.com

[​IMG]

I use the hangers with the clips at the bottom to hold up dresses and such..they work really well..and sometimes you can clip 3-4 dresses onto one hanger to save space.

13. nice idea... buying the new one is also good.. but your idea is really nice.. it's practical to use and less expensive! :tup:

14. I got huggable Hangers too! I saw them on qvc.. ha!

But yeah they are great:biggrin:

x

15. Do the Mangano Huggable Hangers have swiveling hooks on them? I noticed that the Wal-Mart knockoffs do not swivel.