How to get wavy hair?

jane said:
But everyone's hair texture is different, and I firmly believe that the texture of my hair has changed in the past few years. I am 33 now, and in my 20s my hair was STICK straight and could barely hold a curl with a curling iron, partially because it was so heavy.

I agree! When I was little, my mom would always try to curl my hair and it would never hold, and now that I'm in my 20s I can kind of do what I want.

I was going to make a post about this because I JUST figured out how to get my hair to do this last night! I have always been looking for good products because I've been using gel and it makes my hair crunchy. I hate that! I washed my hair about an hour before I went to bed and then I put two things in it: Aussie Calm That Frizz Cream and then Tresemme Curl Enhancing Mousse. I wrapped it in a towel until I went to bed and then just left it. If you have no body, you would probably want to braid it (I used to do that when it didn't have any on its own). Then in the morning, I woke up and it was so soft! Not crunchy. I sprayed the John Frieda Starlit Waves and scrunched it a bit and this is how it turned out. Usually when I try to curl/wave my hair I end up putting it in a ponytail because I hate it, but I've left it down all day!

Attachments

• wavy.jpg
    wavy.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 64
ahhhhh bedhead.

Yeah, people who haven't seen me for a long time would say, when did your hair get curly??? And I say, I have no idea!

I only wash my hair every other day, and I never blow dry it. I just let it air dry overnight. Washing every day strips out all the natural, protective oils, and makes it very dry and frizzy.

I have very long, thick slight natural wave all one length hair. What I find enhances curl is to wash my hair w/this John Freida shampoo called Beach Blonde Cool Dip refreshing shampoo (I am not blonde but brunette - all hair types can use it) and condition with Paves conditioner. Then I use Sebastian Potion 9 (avoiding roots/crown - just on the last 3/4 of my hair). I use a tooth comb to comb through. then I scrunch the curl in as much as I can, twirl the top pieces in knots and secure with pins. I sleep with it like this and airdry overnight - when I take down in the morning it looks great. I freshen the curls by spritzing them with water gently. Sometimes I also use the John Freida Beach Blonde Ocean Waves Sea Spray which I HIGHLY recommend. Amazing stuff, actually gives me spiral curls though I read they are discontinuing it - WHY :crybaby: I also wash only every other day and find on the 2nd day my hair looks even curlier than the first!