How to get rid of mice

Good suggestions here, they must be invited to move on, that is for sure.

Remember that if you use poison, it is a secondary poison to any animal that eats the mouse...and since the mice do not die instantly, you could find your neighborhood littered with dead cats, dogs, owls, hawks, etc. that encounter the mice once they eat the poison...My neighbor found this out the hard way.

Do also try to find where they are getting in, and stuff all openings with steel wool to deter them from entering your space.

Good suggestions here, they must be invited to move on, that is for sure.

Remember that if you use poison, it is a secondary poison to any animal that eats the mouse...and since the mice do not die instantly, you could find your neighborhood littered with dead cats, dogs, owls, hawks, etc. that encounter the mice once they eat the poison...My neighbor found this out the hard way.

Do also try to find where they are getting in, and stuff all openings with steel wool to deter them from entering your space.

In regards to the poison, I don't want the mice dying inside my house. I'm sure they live between my walls or something, and I'm not sure I want my house filled with the stench of dead bodies..

I'll try walking around the perimeter of my house again to search for cracks. I didn't see any the last time.

Btw, my dogs CANNOT be with cats. I don't trust cats because every cat they've encountered has scratched them up and they now have scars on their faces. They're large dogs, but they're sweet enough not to fight back.

I have seen a new mouse trap advertise on tv....I believe dcon makes it. The rat goes in to get the poison and it kinda spins closed. This way it can't get out, and you never see it. You just pick it up and put it out with the trash.

Sorry, I will be frank: I find those of you who would use snap traps over humane traps to be downright cruel individuals.

There ARE humane options if you CHOOSE to use them. I'm not a religious person, but I do believe that LIFE is LIFE no matter what form it comes in. For those who think that because they these are "lesser beings" who don't deserve humanity, I just hope that someday there is not a person superior to yourself in wealth, health or education who will look down on you because you are, to them, not worth the time to treat with compassion.

To the OP, a local ASPCA may offer "no kill traps" you can either rent or that they loan for free. One near my college did. It lures mice into the trap with food, then closes a trap door behind them. Then you just take them somewhere else and release them... I suggest a field. If you are too scared to do this, have a brave friend come help you. We used these no-kill traps for rats in frat houses and trust me, they had bigger problems than you probably do. They worked great.

Please look into humane options.
I could hug you right now! I soooo agree

Sorry, I will be frank: I find those of you who would use snap traps over humane traps to be downright cruel individuals.

There ARE humane options if you CHOOSE to use them. I'm not a religious person, but I do believe that LIFE is LIFE no matter what form it comes in. For those who think that because they these are "lesser beings" who don't deserve humanity, I just hope that someday there is not a person superior to yourself in wealth, health or education who will look down on you because you are, to them, not worth the time to treat with compassion.

To the OP, a local ASPCA may offer "no kill traps" you can either rent or that they loan for free. One near my college did. It lures mice into the trap with food, then closes a trap door behind them. Then you just take them somewhere else and release them... I suggest a field. If you are too scared to do this, have a brave friend come help you. We used these no-kill traps for rats in frat houses and trust me, they had bigger problems than you probably do. They worked great.

Absolutely agree!!!:tup:

To each his own.....but when you get some mice or rats lets see how humane you want to be when you have one of those little suckers crappin all over YOUR house, and eating through stuff....the goal is to get rid of them, and to each his own in HOW they do it.

As for me, if they suckers come in MY place the little critters will be poisoned and have their little writhing, squirming bodies SNAPPED apart....INHUMANE or NOT!:yes:

Toodles, have a good day.

To each his own.....but when you get some mice or rats lets see how humane you want to be when you have one of those little suckers crappin all over YOUR house, and eating through stuff....the goal is to get rid of them, and to each his own in HOW they do it.

As for me, if they suckers come in MY place the little critters will be poisoned and have their little writhing, squirming bodies SNAPPED apart....INHUMANE or NOT!:yes:

Actually, I have seen mice and rats... did you read my post? I said we used to put those traps in the fraternity houses. I was the one that carried them out to the fields.

Wow, you're a very angry person. That cute little "toodles" and sarcastic "have a nice day" in the end only made your post yet more sad. You won't incite anger from me, only pity.

I'll just say this: whatever ills come to you in your life, you will deserve them because it will clearly be your attitude that brought them on. You obviously take joy out of seeing living things suffer. I am waiting for the day when a beautiful woman with an Exeter and Yale education and Brahmin accent pauses in the street or at a dinner party to look you up and down and makes you writhe with self-consciousness. To make you feel as small and insigificant as you make mice out to be, and to make you squirm.

You are a very small person and I feel quite terrible for you.

In regards to the poison, I don't want the mice dying inside my house. I'm sure they live between my walls or something, and I'm not sure I want my house filled with the stench of dead bodies..

I'll try walking around the perimeter of my house again to search for cracks. I didn't see any the last time.

Btw, my dogs CANNOT be with cats. I don't trust cats because every cat they've encountered has scratched them up and they now have scars on their faces. They're large dogs, but they're sweet enough not to fight back.

Girl, when the mice man come to my house, he said that ANYWHERE their HEADS can fit, their bodies can. The Crack does not have to be that big:wtf:. He said they can even come up pipes. I lieve near a river and water and historic area of town....my neighbors were also having some problems with them.

I agree with the poison in regard with you not wanting them dying in your house or in the walls, if you can use the traps, that would be the best option in regard to disposing them.

Oh, by the way, I bought the ultrasonic devices you spoke of when I had my problem and it says that it is not loud enough to be heard by dogs and cats, etc, but it you have gerbils, hampsters, they may have a problem. I bought them from Lowes for about $20 for 3 in a pack and I haven't seen any more. The mice man told me those devices don't work, but I have not seen anymore.

Also, watch out for locations with a heat source.....They love to be warm, so if you have radiators, they will congregate behind/under them....Also, look for dropping in you cabinets, closets, and behind book shelves (anywhere they can hide). Also, they love to shred papers (they make nests out of them).

Also, disinfect, disinfect, disinfect!!!!!!!!! I am the BLEACH queen.....I read that their feces caries a HOST of germs and diseases. So where ever you see them, clean up and disinfect the area...

I never saw them in my live (I have a dog not that he would catch it or anything)....but like some of the people have said,l having a pet keeps them away....I went home on a family emergency (with the dog) and when I left, apparently THEY decided to move in.

Wish you luck.

Actually, I have seen mice and rats... did you read my post? I said we used to put those traps in the fraternity houses. I was the one that carried them out to the fields.

Wow, you're a very angry person. That cute little "toodles" and sarcastic "have a nice day" in the end only made your post yet more sad. You won't incite anger from me, only pity.

I'll just say this: whatever ills come to you in your life, you will deserve them because it will clearly be your attitude that brought them on. I am waiting for the day when a beautiful woman with an Exeter and Yale education and Brahmin accent pauses in the street or at a dinner party to look you up and down and makes you writhe with self-consciousness. To make you feel as small and insigificant as you make mice out to be, and to make you squirm.

You are a very small person and I feel quite terrible for you.

:wtf: Alrighty then, and I'm the 'angry one'.....someone is taking this a bit WaYYYYYYYYYY too personal.

I never attacked you, I said to each his own in how they chose to dispose of vermin and pests in their homes. I chose to KILL them, don't want them coming back into MY house.

Once again toodles!:yes:

WOW! Obviously an animal lover, right? Squirming bodies snapped apart....very nice. Maybe you should save this kind of talk to a forum that is not for ANIMAL LOVERS. Just a thought.

Oh, and toodles to you as well. :smile:

:wtf: Alrighty then, and I'm the 'angry one'.....someone is taking this a bit WaYYYYYYYYYY too personal.

I never attacked you, I said to each his own in how they chose to dispose of vermin and pests in their homes. I chose to KILL them, don't want them coming back into MY house.

Once again toodles!:yes:

No, I am not taking this too personally. There's nothing personal, just my impression of you. Small things can be incredible indications of a person's character. The fact that you clearly like seeing living creatures "squirming" with their bodies "snapped apart" and you don't care whether the consequences of your actions are "inhumane are not" makes it clear that you're just a small and sad person.

Nothing personal about that.

Toodles to you, too!