How to get approval for chi from body corporate? Hints?

1. Hi all - I'm about to apply to my body corporate (who manages the complex I own an apartment in) for permission to keep a chi on the premesis.

I'd really appreciate any hints further to my own:

+ house/toilet-trained dog
    + willing to pay bond for any possible damage
    + will not cause nuisance/disturbance to other residents
    + size: no more than 3kgs
    + All noise, including barking, will be controlled.
    + all odours will be controlled.
    + confined to apartment when not in under direct supervision (always kept under control in public places, hygenically cleaned up after at all times).

2. I don't quite understand your terminology... but my understanding is that you have to write an agreement for your landlords to grant you permission to keep a pet.

If this is correct, then I would suggest adding health items to your list like:
    - alteration (spay/neuter)
    - yearly vaccinations
    - pest/parasite control (my fave is Revolution)

And if barking is an issue I suggest a citronella spray collar works wonders.

Hope this helps!
  3. Sorry the Aussie wording may have confused...

Basically I own my apartment which is part of a community titles scheme and I need to apply to the apartment-block-commitee to be given permission to house the dog in the complex.

Thanks for your ideas mentioned above! They are great!
  4. Tecnically you cant be denied permission for an animal due to the companion animals act... although its best to get permission.:tup:

5. OOooh thats good to know!! Thanks! ;)
  6. I sent you a HUGE PM on Chi's, let me know if you need any more info!:smile:
  7. I havent rec'd it yet Kristie - hope it gets to me!

Here is a copy of what I've compiled so far:

Re: Approval to obtain written permission for an animal to be kept on the premesis.
    In accordance with xxxx I would like to formally apply for the housing of a very small dog on my lot.

I have taken many factors into account and would appreciate your approval as soon as possible.

The noise impact will be minimal if not unnoticable. I plan to have the dog trained in obedience classes and will monitor the situation closely.

The physical impact on the lot will be minimal. In the rare time the dog is left unsupervised, it will be confined to apartment x, which I own and will take all necessary steps to protect from any possible (though very unlikely) damage. The dog will not be allowed to walk on any common areas (such as pathways etc). It will be restricted to my unit, my courtyard and (very rarely) the front lot which is assigned to my unit (when it is on the premesis).

I would also like to add that all odours will be controlled (I realise this is obvious but I thought I should mention it).

As you can see from the above I have taken into account the issues which could be of concern to my neighbours or fellow lot owners.

I dont believe they will be affected negatively at all by the housing of the animal in my lot.

If any of the above factors are ever shown to have been compromised I understand that the committee will need to reasses the situation.

If you do have any other questions or concerns, please contact me as soon as possible at xxx

Any thoughts?