How to Exercise & Diet at Same Time??

1. whenever i exercise, i become so hungry after, i wind up eating so much. im eating healthy foods but i am eating so much that i am gaining weight. if i dont eat alot though i get so fatiqued.

ive been doing cardio for an hour and then light free weights. im so depressed. ive been working so hard and am covered in cellulite. i want to cry.

id really appreciate any advise. how do you exercise and still diet? another thing is it seems if i eat any carbs i blow up, regardless of how healthy they are i just keep gaining. my stomach gets huge and people have asked me if Im pregmant.
    the only way i have ever slimmed down is by eating low carb but then i dont have the energy to exercise and tone up ..so it like a catch 40 for me. TIA for any help

2. How long have you been working out? For a few months? Weeks?

Also, have you tried eating smaller meals throughout the day?

3. Have you tried eating protiens? Or like nuts for snacks?

I've had this problem too, i exercise but then i get super hungry afterwards. I actually drink lots of coffee and water...it really fills you up.

4. It's not easy. Honestly, I think it requires a lot of discipline and the motivation to want to lose weight. Have you tried planning out your meals, snacks and eating times? Have you been logging what you eat, how many calories, carbs, fats and protein your meals contain? IMO, all of these things help your mind get into weight loss mode.

For example - I lost 25 lbs. four years ago. This is what my eating and exercise schedule looked like, because I was in college and my class schedule varied.

8 a.m. - Breakfast

(Class from 9:30 to 12:30) Small snack during class if needed, around 10:30 a.m.

12:30 p.m. - Lunch

(Class from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.)

3:30 p.m. or 4 p.m. - Snack

6 p.m - Dinner

** Workout from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. **

9 p.m. - Post workout snack

11 p.m. - Bed

Try putting yourself on an eating "schedule" of 5-6 mini meals per day, the total equaling up to around 1500 calories per day. If you're not hungry when it's your "set time" to eat, then don't. Buy a notebook or join www.fitday.com and begin logging what you eat. It will give you a realistic look at how many calories you're eating, and where you can improve with your diet.

Good luck!

5. I agree that eating mini-meals works. It has worked for me. Also I don't buy any food that might tempt me. It took a little while for my body not to crave carbs/sugar--it's like de-tox. I eat alot of vegetable soup, veggies, tofu, and fish--stuff that I feel good about putting in my body that I wouldn't regret eating. I also stopped eating when I wasn't hungry. It was totally a change of mind-frame.

6. I also agree with the 5-6 mini meals per day and writing down what you are having/had is a great idea. WILL POWER is a huge factor too.

7. Make sure the meal you eat before you exercise contains protein. I would recommend looking into the Zone diet which proposes 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. It really helps a lot of athletes reach optimal performance.

Remember, you do need carbs for energy. Just make sure you are consuming the right type; vegetables instead of pasta and rice.

8. I absolutely agree on the protein factor! I forgot to mention that in my previous post. Boost your protein intake so that you're getting close to the macros listed by lelgin, or even go to 40 carbs/40 protein/30 fat. Protein keeps you fuller longer. For carbs, choose those that are high in fiber and whole grains, which also helps stave off hunger. Every meal or snack should have some sort of combination of carbs, protein and healthy fat.

I buy protein supplements to help increase my protein intake. A powdered protein supplement is great in protein shakes, oatmeal, low fat plain or greek yogurt, etc. I also buy protein bars (Pure Protein, available at Vitamin Shoppe and online) and EAS carb control ready to drink protein shakes. You can also incorporate more boneless, skinless chicken, fish, shrimp, low fat dairy, peanut butter, nuts and lean ground turkey into your diet.

9. I would def. suggest playing around with your routine - maybe alternating cardio days with weight training days, and then trying to lift heavier since you might be less tired - increasing your muscle mass will boost your metabolism, but it is REALLY hard to lift after an hour of cardio! Also all the advice about is good about diet/nutrition - you sound very serious about wanting to do this but also very frustrated right now - if you have access to them would you consider a couple of sessions with a nutritionist and a trainer? Sometimes having someone else spec out what you should be doing can save you lots of trial and error. And the last one sounds goofy but getting enough sleep really is key, you're asking your body to do alot! :sleepy:

10. tHANK YOU so much everyone! u have no idea how much ur advise helped me!! I had been eating tons of carbs but after ur suggestions, i went out and bought alot of veggies. I never really had eaten veggies before.
    out of my desperation & from ur great suggestions, i gave it a go...
    i just went nuts i bought a carton of eggs and threw every veggie i could find in it..and i cant believe how filling it is! and delicious!! i have energy too! in the past 2 days i havent even noticed that i havent eaten bread and before id flip out if i didnt have my "traditonal" carbs. i baked eggplant and that is so flling too
    i started carrying protein drinks and bars with me and am now making sure i eat them ever couple of hours like u guys said and i really feel so great! i also bought nuts and love 'em

i also read an article today and basically it was saying not do to too much cardio but rather focus on strength training exercises and eating healthy lower carb and i think that might work out better bc i have been doing sometimes 2 hours a day of cardio and am not losing, but like i said, gaining. so i think i'll focus on that..i think i'll just lightly run 30 minutes to tone up and then do my toning exercises and then eat lots of veggies, healthy low carb!! Thanks again so much!!:ty: