HOW TO - Cleaning Make Up Brushes

1. M·A·C Brush Cleanser

Removes excess makeup and residue while disinfecting and conditioning the bristles.

This one product will clean, disinfect and condition the brush fibers so that brushes will last longer. It is convenient to use and is specifically designed to extend the life of high quality brushes. Brush Cleanser leaves your brushes smelling fresh and clean, and helps shorten their drying time.

M·A·C Brush Cleanser
    item #

This works for me. Sometimes i will use just a mild soap and water. How about you? what do you clean your brushes with ?
  2. also using mac brush cleaner i just love that stuff!
  3. I use the same. I just gotta give them time to dry. It's amazing when you put the brushes in the cleaner you see every color you've ever used on the brush since it was last cleaned. LOL
  4. I'll have to try the MAC - I've been using the brush cleansing cloths from Sephora (like baby wipes) and have been happy with them, too.
  5. I use the Sephora wipes, but when I really want to clean my brushes, I have the Clinique cleanser. It works very well.
  6. I also use the Clinique cleanser, I ordered something from an online retailer and they gave me a small spray bottle of Japonesque Parian Spirit which also works well.
  7. i use the gentlest shampoo in my shower rotation at the time. :smile:
  8. I use baby shampoo and warm water. However, I do use make-up wipes to give them a quick clean in between.
  9. A make-up artist recommended Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
  10. my friend is a makeup artist and she told me that you are actually supposed to dilute this cleanser to prolong the use of your brushes. I add some to a cup of water and soak my brushes for 5 minutes then squeeze out all pigments...
  11. Thanks for the info Monablu:smile: I must admit ive never heard that before, i work with artists almost everyday. I will definitely try it though.
  12. A lot of brushes are genuine animal hair, and when you use the cleansers it strips the natural oils in the hair and the hair becomes dry and brittle.

I use a really mild cleanser, and that seems to do the trick for me.
  13. I just use a little of my facial cleanser (really mild Neutrogena), blot with a towel gently and let dry overnight.
  14. ahh ok that makes sense. I guess that is why the diluting makes the brushes last longer - and mac salespeople may not want you to know that so that you will have to re-purchase brushes more often.

about the brushes being real animal hair - when I first bought my set of MAC brushes the SA told me that the hair was indeed animal hair but they only shaved the animal - it wasn't harmed in any way. I hope that is true :cry:
  15. I did not have any special cleaners, so.... I used face cleanser.

You made me fill bad, I will go to Mac tomorrow.