How tight are you?

Chrystal162

amoureaux de cuirsac
O.G.
Nov 21, 2007
I once read a psychological study that found women who carried large handbags to be generous, while those who favored small bags were . . . well, less than generous.

Does the size of your bag project a true reflection of this trait in you?

I love large bags because I'm one of those 'What if I need THIS??? Or THIS???' people even though it isn't likely I will need those items on a day to day basis...I'm the girl that's prepared for certain emergencies, come see me if you need a nail file! and stuff like that.

I keep wristlets and pochettes in my bags in case I can just store my bag and run out with the essentials for an errand, like while I'm at work, I may not need to carry my bag with me everywhere.

Hmm. I don't know if it's a reflection of my generosity, but I do love to give advice and whatever I can if I have it!

I agree with Candace. I like larger bags due to all the "stuff" I must have on me in case I need them. As for its correlation with generosity, I do love providing for all kinds of animals/pets. But when it comes to humans, you'll have to ask my friends/family about that. *LOL*

I love large bags because I'm one of those 'What if I need THIS??? Or THIS???' people even though it isn't likely I will need those items on a day to day basis...I'm the girl that's prepared for certain emergencies, come see me if you need a nail file! and stuff like that.

I keep wristlets and pochettes in my bags in case I can just store my bag and run out with the essentials for an errand, like while I'm at work, I may not need to carry my bag with me everywhere.

Hmm. I don't know if it's a reflection of my generosity, but I do love to give advice and whatever I can if I have it!

Candice....you sound so much like myself. I feel the need to pack every thing that I THINK that I might need. I also have that emergency stuff ( ya know.....the just-in-case stuff.) LOL......at work my co-workers know where to come for those little less though of items files, bandaides, etc.) Yep gotta have that big handbag!!!:yes:

i think it has more to do w what u need w u then how tight u r. but maybe people who carry bigger bags have a lot going on in their lives (ie kids etc) and arent always in as much a position to give? only analogy i could come up w as to how someone came up w this.

Hmm.
I tend to carry small bags because I stuff big ones with useless crap (like old receipts, membership cards to place i never go, &C.). I think I'm generous, but maybe I'm actually stingy?
:confused1:
I guess you'd have to ask my husband.

I like larger bags but I'm also tall so I think larger bags flatter me more than smaller ones unless we're talking evening. I am a generous person with family/friends but I don't think I'm nearly as generous with those I don't know...

I love big bags, and I am very generous and giving towards friends and family. I don't think being a small bag lover would make you less than generous though. I don't see the correlation.