How prices have changed

No kidding about price changes, talk about policy changes as well! When I used to buy items in the saddle department, the SAs are always asking me if I need a bag, as I carried a briefcase then, I never care too much about their bags. Back then, you could order whatever you want, now you have to have a *relationship* with an SA :rolleyes:

Yeah, I am dreading the price hike coming next year, :sad:.

From the Forbes 400 Personal Finance List (other years on line)
The Cost Of Living Extremely Well Index lists a Hermes Kelly Bag comparison:
1976 Kelly Bag Calfskin Rigid 28 centimeters Price 550.US
2001 Kelly Bag Calfskin Rigid 28 centimeters Price 4700.US
Change adjusted for inflation 1976-2001 176.3%
annual change adjusted for inflation 1976-2001 4.1%

I'm trying to remember what I carried in 1976? I think it was ugly brown tooled leather:yucky: with painted flowers:yucky::yucky:

From the Forbes 400 Personal Finance List (other years on line)
The Cost Of Living Extremely Well Index lists a Hermes Kelly Bag comparison:
1976 Kelly Bag Calfskin Rigid 28 centimeters Price 550.US
2001 Kelly Bag Calfskin Rigid 28 centimeters Price 4700.US
Change adjusted for inflation 1976-2001 176.3%
annual change adjusted for inflation 1976-2001 4.1%

I'm trying to remember what I carried in 1976? I think it was ugly brown tooled leather:yucky: with painted flowers:yucky::yucky:

I think I found it for 9.99$

Attachments

• 82bd_2.jpg
    82bd_2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 39
Seriously. If oil is hitting $100. Why shouldn't Hermes? In fact Chanel will be having a price increase pretty soon, or has it already?

Given the looming price increase, does it mean that we need to stock up on Hermes and other brand names? Hahaha, just being naughty!
:tup::yes::confused1::P:yahoo:
Yeah Chanel already had the price increase. I was looking at getting the medallion tote and realized it is now $1800 as opposed to $1650. :rolleyes:

I think in 2002 the starting price for a kelly was $3600. I remember being in the Mad Ave store and some girl who was a model or something paid just over $4,000 in cash for a Birkin. I dont' remember the size or skin but it was her second Birkin.

I was in Harrod's in London in January 2003 and they have a lovely light colored kelly for 2000 pounds (back when the pound wasn't sooo high). I couldn't afford it then but with the tax back it would have been cheap by today's standards. Ugh! Hey, if we could all have bought real estate in NYC 15 years ago we'd all be really rich by now. Can't do a thing about it.

I think in 2002 the starting price for a kelly was $3600. I remember being in the Mad Ave store and some girl who was a model or something paid just over $4,000 in cash for a Birkin. I dont' remember the size or skin but it was her second Birkin.

I was in Harrod's in London in January 2003 and they had a lovely light colored kelly for 2000 pounds (back when the pound wasn't sooo high). I couldn't afford it then but with the tax back it would have been cheap by today's standards. Ugh! Hey, if we could all have bought real estate in NYC 15 years ago we'd all be really rich by now. Can't do a thing about it.