How popular is Bottega Veneta?

I have two BV bags that I love. The craftsmanship is superior. IMO aside from Hermes, BV are the highest quality leather bag you can get. They may not be as popular with the general public because of the hefty price tag, but I can tell you these bags are worth the cost. They are investment pieces for sure.

i see bv is getting more popular here in jakarta, i see quite often original veneta being carried in two most prestigious mall in here (which probably still plaza indonesia and plaza senayan). Lots of inspired bags (or fake) too made by cheap brand, even one girl at my work wearing one (the fake one).

I just love the craftmanship, the wonderful leather and the understatement.
I think it's great that BV doesn't give out free bags to celebs because so there won't be the IT-bag thing and that you see your bag on every corner.
I actually never saw one on anybodyelse other than me.
I was at LV a couple of weeks ago and placd my ball bag on the counter while I chatted with my SA and another women took my bag and tried it on and said that she didn't know that LV made such nice leather bags. I was shocked and amused at the same time because she took my bag. When I told her that it was a BV and my bag she was really apologetical and asked me where I bought it. So we chatted and I told her about the BV shop just around the corner and she actually said that she'll go there right now and buy the ball bag instead of the planned LV bag.
So another new BV lover:smile:

wow, this thread has turned very informative... it's nice to hear what people think of BV. i love the quality of BV products and to me, it's also a quick fix when you don't want to go logo but still want to remain with quality.

After reading the post where celebs don't get free BV bags, I understand why the celeb thread is so small compared to the LV & other designer celeb thread!

I just bought a BV veneta b/c in my mind, that's their classic piece and it's wonderful quality.

I do hope too that BV doesn't get overpopular, I love the uniqueness of their brand!

^^I agree. I got my Veneta for the same reason.

I also love that they don't give them out to celebs.

I live in D.C. and actually see a fair amount of BV bags. (more than my Balenciaga bags!) It's always been carried by a fashionable woman (28 - 50) that seems like she knows who she is. I love that about it.

I read from a magazine before that BV is one of the brands that won't give free bags to celebrities.
Now I want one even more!:heart:

I agree, I think that just makes the brand more desirable.

Here in Finland, probably only handbag fanatics (I was surprised how many Finns there are here!) know what BV is. That's definitely a bonus, and I think the bags are lovely, elegant and understated yet practical and durable.

Everything Bottega makes is amazing...if you have never seen it all, you need too. Try and visit a boutique.

The brand is under the radar in part because the merchandise is not easily found IMO. In my area, SAKS is the only store that carries BV and the have maybe 9 bags. They also have them in a poor location. You need some visibility and greater selection to help promote the brand.