how old were you when you were told about 'it'

1. I was going to post this on the songs u didn't understand till later thread but it was kinda O/T
    The first sex thing that came up was when i watched 'Hocus Pocus' as a kid, the movie said you have to be a virgin in it and it sparked the question. My parents told me a virgin was someone whom wasn't married. One day it came up in conversation with our friends and we were discussing one said it was someone whom doesn't have kids (obviously the censored version their parents gave them lol) we even went and asked the teacher to sought the argument out, shame i cant remember her answer. Poor teachers imagine answering those q's!
    Believe it or not I figured out what sex was before i was told at 6-ish, i figured the two differences between the sexes needed a purpose and the X would fit into the Y. (of course not that sophisticated) It was confirmed by a backyard whispers, and then we had sex ed at out school. All at the grand age of 6!! WTF was the school thinking! SEX ED to 6 year olds! well it never affected me, well it made me more confident to think i knew everything because i figured it out before! lol whats your story?

2. On Mother's Day back in the 90's when they had a documentary about giving birth on TLC...lol. I was in elementary school then.

As to when I found out the difference between boys and girls, I don't know...I really don't know..Can't remember!

3. I've been wondering about this because I have a 9 (soon to be 10) year old brother. He probably knows, right? But maybe...gulp. He watches Seinfeld with me!

4. Oh, and I forget how old I was, but my cousin told me to look up "sexual intercourse" in the dictionary. I had this electronic dictionary and it could "talk." So I remember that voice saying, "the penis is inserted into the vagina."

5. ^ lol that soo cute nerdphanie! And in today's day and age i would suspect he does, maybe you or SO should have to talk (or take him somewhere) so there's no confusion. Gosh if i ever have kids i would not know how to break it to them. My parents are pretty open about talking on the topic, but it's me that hates it!

6. I remember my barbies "had sex" haha. I think it is something you just kind of "know" So I knew kind of about it, not in detail though, I think when I was 4! haha. I remember having a puppy love crush at that age and thinking about his um...yeah. I had an "about the body" picture book made for kids, which had naked people in it haha, so that probably contributed to my knowledge. I put 2 and 2 together haha. I knew about periods and tampons and stuff when I was 6. My parents never hid anything if I asked about it, I never had the stork story or anything like that. Of course they did not tell me in detail about the stuff but they didnt lie about it. I knew about EVERYTHING before it was taught in school. Most of my friends said that they kind of figured out around that age too. If I ever had kids I would not go and just tell them but I would not lie if they asked a question, some of my friends who figured it out asked their parents who lied about it, and that just bothers me. I dont think kids need to know about the details of it but it is a natural thing that I dont think should be hidden. But then again I am a really sexually open person and barely find it a taboo topic at all hahaha.

7. i think i was about 7 or 8 when i figured it out.
    my stupid aunt let my cousin watch dirty dancing when she was 3 and a half and then had to explain sex and abortions. my cousin then went on to tell the entire fmily like it was a huge revelation and nobody but her knew about it.

8. I just remember the first time I was told what the F word meant. It was in 4th grade in my elementary school library (how appropriate). Gina whispered it to me as we were hiding behind a shelf (most likely Judy Blume books).

9. haha, mine had sex too! Sometimes lesbian sex...lol. I remember banging those hard plastic bodies together *BANG BANG BANG!*

10. I was in 2nd grade.

My 5-yr-old knows about babies and is now asking "how does the baby get in mommy's tummy??" How do you answer that?? He is 5!!

11. I would say I was somewhere around 7 or 8 because like glamorous_girl and lamiastella above.. my barbies had sex as well lmao.

But I think when I first realized what actually goes on in sex, I was probably around 11.

12. My Mom had "the talk" with me when I was about 6 or 7. I'm not sure of the exact age but I very vividly remember it was in the summer as we were in the kitchen of our beach house on the coast. Too funny!

Before that I knew about the differences...my brothers are 5 and 8 years younger than I so I learned this pretty quickly when I watched my Mom change diapers...

13. I remember asking my dad where babies came from when I was about seven. Halfway through the discussion I got grossed out and told him to stop.

At some point after that my parents gave me two books: Where Did I Come From? and What's Happening to Me? My mom gave them to me, asked me to read them and then said to let her know if I had any questions.

14. WOW I'm so shocked how you guys all talk about how young you were, average 4-9 or so.

I didn't quite have a clear picture even up until 19 :shame: (I'm almost 21)