How old is this bag?

1. I own a bag marked with a "C" without any geometric figure. If J is 2006, how old could my bag be?

I think it is from 1947, but I can hardly believe it! I woud then own a piece of vintage hermes that is almost 60 years old? What do you think?
  2. I've checked in the sticky "Informative catalog" and in post #86( I think) it says that from 1945 to 1970 there were letters without geometric symbols, then from 1970 to 1996 letters in a circle, and from 1997 onward letters in a square. So, if this is correct, yours should be from 1947 as you said!..:flowers:
  3. I can't believe it! :shocked:
  4. I have to agree...that is quite unbelievable, but true. TReasure it even more!
  5. Mmmmmmmmmmm! I'm jealous! I actually love the vintage pieces more than the newer ones. Some people say the leather was better from that period, since the cows had a better diet, and I'm inclined to agree. Whenever I see a vintage Hermes I imagine someone like Grace Kelly or Audrey Hepburn carrying that bag. I also wonder about the fabulous people and places that bag has seen.
  6. Hermes pieces have such longevity - true heirlooms! Treasure this one!
  7. I LOVE vintage bags! You are really lucky to own such a wonderful piece of history.....can you post pics? I'd LOVE to see it!
  8. Wow, what a treasure! :love: Please post pictures, I'd love to see it as well!!! :yes::flowers:

9. Me, too...I'd love, love, love to see it!
  10. Wow. I would love to see it it the pic in your avatar? and how did you get such a lovely piece, if you don't mind me asking :smile:
  11. ^ Gorgeous piece!
  12. I got it from an Australian Lady on eBay a few years ago and yes, it is my avatar! As a result of its 60-year-old patina, the box leather is very shiny (not like patent latent, though). :love:

Though I took it to a few weddings, I usually carry this bag for informal occasion. I'll wear wool trousers, a turtle neck and ballet flats and the bag makes the outfit!
  13. Sounds wonderful!! Would love to see the bag on you. What size is it?
  14. I wear my vintage the same way!! Your Kelly has such a nice patina.
    My Kelly has the number 10 on the letter so I'm wondering if somebody knows the year it was made.
  15. It could be a number 10 or 01...does anybody know? Thanks!:rolleyes: