How often does Gucci go on sale?

ec47 said:
does anyone know if the cruise collection will go on sale as well? thanks!

i think so but don't quote me on it. my SA said only the classic ones never go on sale. then he pointed to the zebra bags and the flowery ones and said those will go on sale. which bag do you have your eyes on?

152468_F40IG_9643
thats the one im trying to get. my brother and i want to get that for our mom for mothers day (she almost bought it at saks herself) but since its so close to sale season it never hurts to save a couple hundred dollars!

ps. whats the best way to get on the presale list? i usually purchase all my gucci stuff from saks but i would love to get a SA to put me on the list at Gucci.

I'd be going to the one in Beverly Hills.

ec47 said:
152468_F40IG_9643
thats the one im trying to get. my brother and i want to get that for our mom for mothers day (she almost bought it at saks herself) but since its so close to sale season it never hurts to save a couple hundred dollars!

ps. whats the best way to get on the presale list? i usually purchase all my gucci stuff from saks but i would love to get a SA to put me on the list at Gucci.

I'd be going to the one in Beverly Hills.

The bag is gorgeous! But it doesn't look "seasonal".. why don't you go and ask a SA at Gucci? they can probably tell you. I asked mine about the belt bag and he said no right away. :sad:
In terms of the presale list, i read on some post that you can go to the store, ask to fill out their customer card, then they'll call you when the time comes..

i know what you mean...i will ask a SA face to face. my friend at NYU called the store on 5th avenue and they told her right away that they did not have the information as to which bags will be on sale as of today and subsequently would not put her on the pre-sale list.

hmm...she is a sweet girl too. wonder why they would be so nonresponsive.

I'm sure they don't want everyone coming in the store asking to be put on the sale list- because they'll lose money. The best thing is to be discrete about it I'm sure.

I remember getting a notice about the sale in an email a bunch of times- and I've only signed up at the Gucci website. I can't promise you that they will let you know BEFORE the sale begins, but they will send one while it's going on.

hey girls! i went to the gucci on rodeo and met one of the nicest SAs ever! her name was cheryl and we hit it off right away. she was super friendly, and i asked her about the bag my brother and i are getting my mom, and she told me that she will put it on hold in hawaii (they didnt have it here) for a week even if they aren't supposed to do that.

she also got all my information so she can call me and invite me to the presale and she also invited me to a store event on monday!

i was blown away by her kindness when i have never purchased any gucci from the gucci botique on rodeo drive!

she also said that they don't or rarely discount brown or black monograms at the botique. is that true?

essential said:
The bag is gorgeous! But it doesn't look "seasonal".. why don't you go and ask a SA at Gucci? they can probably tell you. I asked mine about the belt bag and he said no right away. :sad:
In terms of the presale list, i read on some post that you can go to the store, ask to fill out their customer card, then they'll call you when the time comes..

really? thats odd i know im down in australia but they had a black belt bag reduced at the december saled i think it was around 20% off, i really love the belt bags but i wanted one in the tan :sad: and i wasnt 100% that time if i see it this time im definately getting it lol