How often do you need to get a facial?

1. Hi all!

I was just curious as to how often a person should get a facial. I always thought once a month was enough, but was recently told at a spa that it should idelaly be once a week. I wasn't sure if this was because the spa just wanted to push more treatments on me or whether this was standard. What's your opinion?

2. once a week seems a little much. maybe if you're a celeb or socialite.

every aesthetician i've ever talked to and beauty article i've read has said once month.

3. Once a week is way too much...unless you have unlimited resources and absolutely nothing to do. I go once a month. However, it's recommended that you get a facial at least once per season. So four a year.

4. Well, when I first started, I had really bad skin and I went in 2 times a month, then my skin looked great(shortly after I started my bimonthly facials) and I only needed to go once a month. Some people only need to go a few times a year. It depends on your skin, but I think once a week is excessive.

5. That is exactly what I was going to say. I actually do it when teh season changes. I like to get a thorough cleaning. I also do it about the time I switch my products from winter to summer or vice versa and then about two more times a year. I used to go about 6 - 8 times a year but I have been out of the country for extended periods of time a lot in the past few years and haven't managed to keep up with it.

6. Here in Florida, I go every 3 weeks. But, every other session I get a more sensitive treatment so my skin is not overtreated.

7. Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to stick with going once a month.

8. I am jealous. I would like to go every three weeks just for the massage part of it.

Since the season changes aren't as dramatic in Florida, do you have to change products throughout the year?

9. Do you use more intensive moisturizer products in the winter since it's so cold in your area?

10. Yep! I use a lotion in the summer and a cream in the winter. I also switch cleansers -- less drying one in the winter.

11. I know that my face is definitely dryer in the winter, but I don't change products. I might try that.

12. please do not laugh at me, but i must admit i have never had a facial in my life.

13. ^^^ You should try it! See if you like it.