How often do you get up to pee at night?

1. Sorry for the TMI question, but I'm curious to know whether I'm in the minority.

I'm 33, have had 2 babies (the youngest is almost 3), and I am healthy, but I get up to go pee about once or twice a night. I empty a full bladder each time. I don't drink a ton of liquids during the day, which is the strange thing. This started happening about 1 year ago. Before that, I'd always sleep through the night without needing to go to the bathroom.

Is this getting up to go potty an aging thing, or should I get it checked out? It just seems odd to me because I've never had to deal with this prior to a year ago! If you care to weigh in, please share your age and number of times you get up at night. Thanks!! :smile:

2. lol 587 times! actually I get up twice. I never sleep through the night, partially because of my two small dogs who i need to let out in the middle of the night, but i've always been like this since I was a teenager! I'm 29 now. But this is not just through the night I go pee more than anybody I know. It's kind of annoying.

3. 3-4.

4. haha!! I never sleep through the night either!! I pee alot too!! It's very annoying...but oh well...:shrugs: I get up twice a night...sometimes only once. (depends) If I drink a lot 3 times.

But last night only 1 x.

I can't remember the last time I slept through the night w/o going. :confused1: I know it's been yeaaaaars....:rolleyes:

(btw: I'm 36, 2 kids - 13, 9)

5. Anywhere between 0-2 times a night...depending on how well I'm sleeping

6. 2-3 times per night. I do drink ALOT of water. However, I stop by 8pm each night or I would be up every hour on the hour. I also go to the bathroom ALOT. I always have. I can go potty every 30 minutes if you paid me!! It is annoying! I also can not remeber the last time I slept through the night. It just does not happen.

7. 3-4 because each time I get up I drink a glass of water thinking it will help my sinuses.......LOL

8. I drink a lot of water (4 litres or so each day) and rarely get up to pee during the night.

9. I'm 24, and I used to never get up to pee at night, but lately I have. Not every night, but most nights I'll get up once.

If it happens frequently and you're bothered by it, there are pills you can get from your dr. I can't remember the name of them, but my mother uses them and she says they help :flowers:

10. almost never, I'll do it once in a blue moon unless I'm pregnant. I even drink water at bedtime.

11. I usually dont need to get up. I go pee right before I go to sleep, but continue to drink water lmao! I ALWAYS have to have a cup of water on the nightstand. When morning comes, the reason I wake up is usually because I have to pee. But I just stay up rather than going back to sleep.

12. Never but as soon as I wake up I have to be first in the bathroom

13. Usually a minimum of 6 right now. but before I was pregnant it was 1 maximum.

14. I pee right before I go to bed, so I never wake up in the middle of the night to go.

15. I used to never ever have to go during the night. I would say in the last year that has changed. I now get up usually once (sometimes none, sometimes twice) each night. I'm also 33. Maybe it is age. :shrugs: