How often do you buy jewelry for yourself?

1. I was just browsing around on the Blue Nile web site. So much of their purchasing advice seems like it is written for guys buying things for their wives/girlfriends... like it is just ASSUMED that anyone browsing on there is a guy.

Admittedly, I never really bought myself jewelry until this past year, but that is because I didn't have any money :lol: Now that I have a real job, I buy myself pieces all the time.

I'm not the only one, am I?

2. You are not alone. :lol:

3. I buy something like every 8 weeks or so....bags, clothes, jewlry, shoes...UGHHHHH!!!!

4. Heavens NO, you're not alone. In fact, even when my DH wants to gift me with jewelry he sends me out to take care of business. First, because I'm the one who's going to be wearing it, so I obviously know what I'd like, and second, because I'm a much better shopper than he is. :wlae:

Champaign.

5. This is starting to happen to me too. :lol: My husband and I were on vacation in Tahiti so I bought several black pearl pieces. I had intended to pay for them all myself, but after I picked everything out, he said he would pay for one of them as a gift.

6. I was never that interested in jewelry so much until the last month or two. I bought myself three rings recently!

Jewelry is slowly replacing my handbag obsession. :shame:

7. I make jewelry, and make new pieces just for me all the time! Sometimes, I'll plan an outfit and matching jewelry, and think, "Oh, this would look nice with a matching bracelet, too!", and procede to make one up. (My latest is a pearl and peridot bracelet in sterling silver to match the green top I wore the other day.)

8. :yes: I buy jewlery for myself all the time...Be it trendy, gold, precious stones...I love my jewlery and where it all the time..I do NOT save anything for a rainy day..I don't have a diamond bracelet to keep it stored away...I like large peices..especially bracelets...I have purchased lots of pieces in St. Thomas & St. Martin as it really is cheaper..You just have to know what you're buying and go to better jewelers...I've slowed down some recently as I really do have a lot..but I'm very selective when I buy now..I don't want to get something and not love it enough to want to wear it..As a matter of fact, I've been itching for a new bracelet lately..But I want something big and unusual and classy...I'll let you know when I find it!

9. It's so funny...before I started making jewelry I hardly ever wore it. And now, if I make something and just love it...I keep it for myself! LOL

10. the world is literally my oyster when it comes to jewlery!