How often do you buy a new handbag/purse?

I'm trying to buy one nice bag a year or every two years. Depending on the cost...I think the better thing to do is set a yearly bag budget and then adjust accordingly. If you gave yourself (okay, low for MANY of you, but just a number) $1000 a year for bags. You could buy one Balenciaga (a First or a Day), you could spend a bit more and put that money towards one Chanel...or maybe you could get an entry-level LV and a nice wallet?

You could even buy 3 or 4 decent Coach bags with that money, it just depends.

I buy a nice bag every 2-3 months though I've shopped far too much this year - 6 Louis Vuitton, 1 Gucci, 1 Prada, 1 Balenciaga, 1 Cartier, 1 Botkier, 1 Rafe and 1 YSL (so I guess that's about 1 a month). I usually sell my old ones once or twice a year though. I try not to hang on to bags I haven't used in over 6 months. And though I probably have a serious bag addiction, I do have a price limit per purchase, and strictly follow the rule that if there's is no room for a new bag in my closet then 1) I don't get a new bag OR 2) an old one has to go...

I only started collecting in April and I have 10 now:shame: So I guess right now I'm on about two a month! Now that I've got a nice basic collection though, I'm going to try to stick to 2-4 a year, depending on what I see that I like and how much I have to spend.

So far I have bought 4 this year, I'm trying to lower it to 2 per year. I did buy about 8 last year, but I have only been collecting for the past 3 years. I think I can streamline my buying now since I know what I like better now than when I started and just wanted everything.

I've gotten into higher-end bags since the end of August-beginning of September... So I guess 1 bag/accessory at least once week?

I go shopping with my mum every Saturday, and recently we've been going to LV every shopping trip. So if I see something I like, my mum will pay for it, and I'll pay her back (she gives me what we call a "discount" as in she pays for a portion of it... I know, I'm sorta spoiled that way... >.<;;; BUT I do pay for at LEAST 85%!!!).

My mum on the other hand will buy whatever she likes, it takes her 5 min to decide while I have to struggle with myself... -.-;;;

So far I've only bought two more expensive bags this year, one was a Furla and one was a HH - both were on sale but to me they were expensive (ok well to my hubby then!). I'll probably get myself one or two more this year, but only because I have at least four things to treat myself for - my 30th birthday, getting my drivers license (fingers crossed), running the Chicago marathon and of course my Q3 bonus!
Usually I would buy one or two Furlas a year, maybe a Longchamp, and maybe one or two others - Banana Republic or something similiar. I do tend to need an excuse to get it past the hubby so birthdays or promotions are the usual times.