How Often Do You Buy Bags?

I buy a nice bag every 2-3 months though I've shopped far too much this year - 6 Louis Vuitton, 1 Gucci, 1 Prada, 1 Balenciaga, 1 Cartier, 1 Botkier, 1 Rafe and 1 YSL (so I guess that's about 1 a month). I usually sell my old ones once or twice a year though. I try not to hang on to bags I haven't used in over 6 months. And though I probably have a serious bag addiction, I do have a price limit per purchase, and strictly follow the rule that if there's is no room for a new bag in my closet then 1) I don't get a new bag OR 2) an old one has to go...

I only started collecting in April and I have 10 now:shame: So I guess right now I'm on about two a month! Now that I've got a nice basic collection though, I'm going to try to stick to 2-4 a year, depending on what I see that I like and how much I have to spend.

So far I have bought 4 this year, I'm trying to lower it to 2 per year. I did buy about 8 last year, but I have only been collecting for the past 3 years. I think I can streamline my buying now since I know what I like better now than when I started and just wanted everything.

I've gotten into higher-end bags since the end of August-beginning of September... So I guess 1 bag/accessory at least once week?

I go shopping with my mum every Saturday, and recently we've been going to LV every shopping trip. So if I see something I like, my mum will pay for it, and I'll pay her back (she gives me what we call a "discount" as in she pays for a portion of it... I know, I'm sorta spoiled that way... >.<;;; BUT I do pay for at LEAST 85%!!!).

My mum on the other hand will buy whatever she likes, it takes her 5 min to decide while I have to struggle with myself... -.-;;;

So far I've only bought two more expensive bags this year, one was a Furla and one was a HH - both were on sale but to me they were expensive (ok well to my hubby then!). I'll probably get myself one or two more this year, but only because I have at least four things to treat myself for - my 30th birthday, getting my drivers license (fingers crossed), running the Chicago marathon and of course my Q3 bonus!
Usually I would buy one or two Furlas a year, maybe a Longchamp, and maybe one or two others - Banana Republic or something similiar. I do tend to need an excuse to get it past the hubby so birthdays or promotions are the usual times.

Thanks for answering everyone! You all seem very dedicated. I'm getting a Juicy Couture bag very soon...so I'm sort of down there, if you know what I mean, but I'm working on building a Coach and Dooney & Bourke collection. Louis Vuitton, which I really like, is a bit out of my price range. I don't have a salary...yet. I'm a junior in high school. But I worked a lot this summer, and my birthday's coming up, so my budget's slightly bigger than before. LOL

I bought a bag at American Eagle yesterday, so I'm not as into the high-end bags as you can probably see. I wait for things to go on sale a lot of the time. Like I shop at Filene's Basement, and sometimes Marshall's, so I can get out-of-season designers for less.

I usually buy 1 bag a month but that was when I liked Coach. Now that I like LV & Gucci I'm trying to buy a couple times a year since they are more expensive. I was very bad during June & July though...4 LV's & 2 Gucci's. I promised myself that I am only going to buy a couple bags a year since I went crazy those 2 months.

Thanks for answering everyone! You all seem very dedicated. I'm getting a Juicy Couture bag very soon...so I'm sort of down there, if you know what I mean, but I'm working on building a Coach and Dooney & Bourke collection. Louis Vuitton, which I really like, is a bit out of my price range. I don't have a salary...yet. I'm a junior in high school. But I worked a lot this summer, and my birthday's coming up, so my budget's slightly bigger than before. LOL

I bought a bag at American Eagle yesterday, so I'm not as into the high-end bags as you can probably see. I wait for things to go on sale a lot of the time. Like I shop at Filene's Basement, and sometimes Marshall's, so I can get out-of-season designers for less.
It sounds like you are really working to build your collection. I think it is wonderful that you worked and earned the money for your bags. In many ways that makes it even more special when you get them.

To answer your question, I just get bags when I see something I like or feel like adding to my collection. I havne't noticed a pattern yet. Sometimes I purchase two or three in one month, sometimes I go three or four months without purchasing ANY.

That's great! If you love it, who cares what the name is, it's whether it works for you in the end. I don't like to get TOO caught up in brands (although there are many I love obviously, or I wouldn't be a tPF member, lol!). I tend to like expensive bags, whether it be my favourite brand (Bal) or less known brand from a boutique.

I'm a student too, and I only work in the summer. I pay for University myself, so I buy one bag a year. I think I'm good at restraining myself, and I think that's really important. No use causing myself financial grief over purses :P

Within 2 months I bought 3 LVs (the BH, Speedy30, Hampstead PM), 1 Tods, 1 Fendi, 1 Loewe. I own 18 coach bags and ...im upgrading!
Sinful really, but i know my last bag purchase will never be my last.
Right now, I am soo in love with the Damier Trevi PM... gotta get my hands on it!