How often do you buy a new bag?

I buy pretty infrequently, maybe a couple/year.
If I see one I love, I go home and if it continues to call my name and is still there after I'll get it.

I'm definitely a spurt girl. I'll be on a spurt and buy 4 or 5 bags that I "have to have" then I'll switch to something new like furniture, appliances, makeup (always), perfume. But, if I see a cute bag in a store or on a celebrity....that's all I think about until I buy it.

I buy pretty infrequently, maybe a couple/year.
If I see one I love, I go home and if it continues to call my name and is still there after I'll get it.

I do this, too...at least making sure the bag is calling my name before taking the plunge. I used to buy one maybe every six months or so...but after finding this forum it has gone up considerably! Now that I have changed jobs I have to cut down a bit. I waited five months for my last bag (Balenciaga) and it finally came in in October. And I just found a white bag for spring/summer. The white bag was the only one "missing" from my collection, so I don't think I will be buying any more bags for a while...hopefully at least until next fall!

Wow! You lucky girls! I buy one designer bag per year. I wish I could buy more, but I also have expensive tastes in shoes, coats (also buy one a year; I just bought a beautiful black floor length lambskin coat, which I LOVE), holidays (have planned 3 for this year in the Caribbean, Europe & Asia), plus with a husband and 2 kids, there's a limit. Do you girls who buy a few a month also spend on other things? I couldn't imagine spending thousands a month just on bags.

For the next few months, I'll probably be buying one a month until I get everything I want on my list below... and then I'll lay off and move on to something else for a while. It's just the way I am. My obsessions go in spurts.

Ash

Wow! You lucky girls! I buy one designer bag per year. I wish I could buy more, but I also have expensive tastes in shoes, coats (also buy one a year; I just bought a beautiful black floor length lambskin coat, which I LOVE), holidays (have planned 3 for this year in the Caribbean, Europe & Asia), plus with a husband and 2 kids, there's a limit. Do you girls who buy a few a month also spend on other things? I couldn't imagine spending thousands a month just on bags.

Well, I have no kids and my husband and I keep our finances separate. Other than that, the answer to your question is yes I do spend on other things. I generally spend my shopping money for the month on whatever I want or need most at the time. Right now it's bags. A few months from now it could be shoes or whatever. :idea:

Ash