How much would you pay for a limited edition bag?

100% is too much for me, no matter how much I love the bag... I think resellers need to be a little more realistice with prices - though I do appreciate that demand totally outstrips supply and resellers are there to make a profit.

IMHO 100% is a tad bit on the greedy side.

I personally wont pay 100% for the markup because the money from those markup, I rather use that to 'bribe' any SA to get me this bag. And moreover, even if I dont get this bag, the SA will be 'looking after' my interest in the future.

I cannot imagine a scenario in which I would pay that much of a markup for any bag. I think this particular club b is beautiful, but H will always come out with something new to desire. I agree with the others who said that with some patience, you will eventually find it for less. I went through a similar dilemna a few years ago when I became obsessed with Chanel's grey lambskin camera bag. I forced myself to wait, and eventually found one in new condition for exactly what the bag retailed for initially. Which leads me to another question: is the bag here in new condition? I'd be really picky about something like that. Good luck!

Forget bribing SAs LOL
Better off buying the best cacao farm and enjoy the best chocolates the world w/ all that cash :P

I personally wont pay 100% for the markup because the money from those markup, I rather use that to 'bribe' any SA to get me this bag. And moreover, even if I dont get this bag, the SA will be 'looking after' my interest in the future.

I would never pay a 100% markup. Maybe a little over retail, but that's all.

I would try to get one directly from Hermes, which would likely involve a waiting period anyway. Knowing myself, by the time it was available I might not even want it anymore. By then, my obsessing will probably have moved on to something else. That's what I've learned about myself, but you may feel differently.

I'd feel taken advantage of if I paid that high a premium, but if you have the means, and you REALLY want it, then go for it!!

Last edited:
Personally, I feel it's hard to put a finger to the right amount of premium to pay for a bag. It all boils down to how much you love that bag, and how much you can afford to spare.

At the end of the day, if you part with the cash, get the bag and feel truly happy, I guess it's worth it. But if you are the impulsive type of buyers who somehow end up feeling regretful for most of your purchases, perhaps it's a bad idea to pay the 100% markup for your desired bag.

Good luck with your decision! :hugs:

crazyforhermess said:

Agreed!

This club has lizard though. If you like it and can afford the expense, go ahead. We all have diff value levels and diff things we spend money on. I spend a ton on vacation but vey little on clothing. I wouldn't blink an eye at a huge landscaping bill but look for better deals on fabrics nd curtains. Each person has their own values.

Personally I think that all H bags are overpriced not matter how beautiful they are. $10K for a bag is just a lot for most people and people will never understand or justify the cost of these bags. On the flip side, you're here on this forum because you somehow have jumped the fence and fell in love with Hermes bags. Whether paying a premium to save on waiting time is a very individualized matter. Some people may think that they can use that markup money to buy other H products to build a relationship so that you will be offered a birkin at some point in the future. In other words, the premium that you're paying is buying you 'time' and 'effort'. You get your desire bag within days after handing hot cash and get instant gratification.

In addition, the bag that is mentioned here is a club and so is a special edition. It may not be available in another season so if you've to spend the time and money cultivating a relationship with SA hoping that will have one to offer you, it is a strictly a gamble. The store that you patron may not have even ordered any of these clubs and there is no such thing as store transfer on Birkins. You'll be disappointed later if you found that after all the money and effort that the bag is still not available.

If I were you, try to talk to the seller and see if you can get a discount. With such premium markup, you're not in Walmart land so will not have too many people fighting over the bag. The seller may be willing to cut you a discount so that your premium is lower. Bear in mind that some of these resellers may have paid a markup to source the bags from the original owners and adding their profit on top of it.

Good luck !

NO NO NO!!! 100% premium over retail is just way too much. I agree with chkpfbeliever that H bags are already overpriced so a little bit over retail is okay for me. I have no idea how reseller determined their price, but it's just unrealistic.