How much would you pay for a limited edition bag?

Uyen4570

"Wyn"
O.G.
May 4, 2009
Hi everyone. I would like to get your opinion on how much of a premium you would pay for a limited edition bag? Right now I am in love with the club Birkin in Etain. It is available, but the premium markup is 100%. Since I am not a VIP, I will never be offered one of these bags. I am new to the reseller market so I would like to get feedback on what most of you would consider reasonable for a bag like this. Thanks!

Also, how much would you personally pay over retail?

ForumRunner_20120717_064020.png

Last edited:
It depends on whether money is no object. Personally, I would ask around to other resellers -- they often have access to bags that aren't listed. I would not pay 100% mark up.

I agree that's it's very subjective. If you love love love it and dont mind spending the extra $ then do what makes you happy. :smile: in my opinion, and it's only an opinion I don't think I would pay a 100% markup just because I would feel guilty and think that I could have two bags instead of one. But that's just me and I always have buyers remorse :smile: lovely bag though!

Oh, and to answer your other question, maybe I would pay around 2-3k usd extra over retail for a bag that is my HG :smile:

ITA, I wouldnt pay more than 2-3k usd extra over retail. Beyond that I wouldnt be able to justify, as it is the birkins are very expensive, compared to other bags. In a way, this would also be to avoid all the high markups that you find on bags that are listed for years to be sold. Alternatively, I would set a price point for myself and see whats the best I can find in within that range.

I would never ever pay a 100% markup for a bag. I have done it twice, but those were HG shawls that I paid more than a 100% markup on. I´ve also paid alot more than retail for a few rare exotic CDC bracelets.

i have the same affliction for the etain club B... so i can relate to trying to figure out how much more i would pay for one. for really special colors, i am willing to pay 2-3.5 more. unfortunately, i don't think a club B will ever be offered that low-- but i have set my threshold and won't go over it. have you set a certain # in your mind you won't pay more than? it is good to have one so you won't get carried away in the moment.

like what others said, i wouldn't. no matter how much i love a bag, i'd rather buy two Bs just to have variety than that one single bag. btw, i've done it before, paying a lot for a bag that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, and eventually, I fell out of love with it and probably can't get rid of it b/c I'd spent so much on it~ just my two cents.

also, instead of going the reseller route, wouldn't u rather spend the money on H and establishing a relationship so that you could request for one? if not the Club, maybe others that will come along that you'll love?

Personally, I would never pay 100% markup. It is only a bag after all. My life can still go on quite nicely even without it. You should try to negotiate with the reseller to see how low they can go. And I agree with minismurf, if you pay a lot of premium and when you fall out of love with it, you can't get it'd of it unless you are willing to take a big loss. Just my two cents.

its not easy really because it depends on the bag i would only personally pay 100% over retail for 2 bags vert anis ostrich 35cm phw or 25cm birkin lezard ombre ghw. the reason why i would not buy the etain club is because with a 100% mark up it will cost as much as exotic and to me for leather its just not justifiable but then its such a personal issue i very much think it depends on how much you tuly want and find this bag perfect or is it just a crush. all that said darling i would never buy a club i think they kill the H concept since it will become dated and thus eventually loose the timelessness tht to me is H true value.but again thats just me . all the best hope it helps .birkel.