How Much $$$ Would You Be A Surrogate Mother For ?

1. How much money would you be a surrogate mother for ?

Would you ever consider being a surrogate mother ?

What are your personal opinions on surrogacy ?

2. my SIL can't have kids of her own. Problem being is she wouldn't survive through a birth. She already asked me and I said yes. She said she'll give me $15K to do it. It will be after she gets married, but she wanted to ask me ahead.

3. im probably going to need someone to be one for me down the line, so this thread would be very interesting to read.

4. How much money would you be a surrogate mother for ?
    You could not pay me enough to be a surrogate mother. I simply would not do it.

I would NEVER consider it.

What other people do it their business I just know that I would not/could not do it.

5. no sum can make me do it but i am happy for thepeople out there that there are women who do so

6. I believe that if someone else wants to have a child (someone in my family) and they need help doing it and I can help, then I would. I would carry it for free as long as they pay the bills.

7. I would do it for someone I was very close to-a friend or family member.

And, I would only do it if it was NOT my egg. I could never do it otherwise.

8. How much money would you be a surrogate mother for ?
    I couldn't do it (see next question)

No. I think it is extremely noble for a woman to surrogate for another, but I know once I had a child growing inside me I could never give that child up, no matter what. So it just isn't something I could do.

I think it is a good thing, if all parties involved can manage the emotional issues.

9. How much money would you be a surrogate mother for ?

I would do it for my sister...I would never charge her.

As stated above, only for my sister. (And if one of my BILs were in a situation where they needed a surrogate, I might consider it.)

Obviously I'm open to it, but it would definitely have to be something my DH and I really discuss. Can't say I would want to do it for a stranger, no matter how much money was offered. All I know is I do not enjoy being pregnant (it's a means to an end for me), so surrogacy doesn't appeal as a "quick buck" in my mind.

10. I would do it for free.

However, my body reacts horribley to pregnancy (hyperemesis gravidarum) and I just had one of my tubes removed because of an ectopic pregnancy. I'm probably not the ideal candidate. :lol:

11. I don't think I could do it..but hey I'm still young (21) so my thoughts might change over time. I would be scared that I become attached to the child growing inside me. I think personally it's great that we have people in this world that helps other families out that can't have children.

12. Well, first of all, I would say no because I spent almost 2 complete years being pregnant. I got pregnant again 6 weeks to the day after I had my son.

Secondly, I could not have a baby grow in me for 9 months and then ever give it away........unless it was my sister. I would do it for her and be able to give it to her because we would all be family anyway.

13. Interesting topic.

I would never be a surrogate mother. For... obvious reasons. :graucho:

14. I would do it in a heartbeat. I had two easy pregnancies and was blessed with my beautiful children; my heart breaks for those who want children but can not have them. I would only ask to be compensated for actual expenses.

I actually researched it and spoke with a few different agencies. However, my husband said NO WAY. Even though it would not be my egg, he was very uneasy about it. That is why instead I became an ovum donor; I did it 2x and it was such a great feeling. I am very happy that I did it and I have zero regretts.

15. Very hard decision. I would be a surrogate for my sister but only after i have my first child. I admire women who can do it to help others out. I just dont want to do it unless it was in the family. No charge.