How much will you spend this year on new bags?

1. Just curious-- I probably buy a few high end bags each year but I put the old ones up on eBay. I try to justify my spending by offloading some bags but it never quite evens out :smile: So I am wondering, what do you feel is an acceptable amount to spend on your designer bags in a year???

By the way, I just found this board last night, and I am totally addicted!!! ;)

2. I won't give dollar amounts, but I generally spend about 15% of my gross income on shopping/discretionary stuff for myself. That probably sounds like a lot, but I don't have kids or anything so I'm still at a stage of my life where a lot of my income can just be for me.

This year, I expect that about a third of that 15% will be spent on bags. That's a lot for me to focus in one area, but I'm in a building phase with my designer bag collection right now.

3. OMG! i can't believe this... it's not even the 1st week of january, and i already bought a hermes herbag, a balenciaga weekender is otw, and thinking of purchasing balenciaga small accesories! i think this is going to be a tough year for me :p

4. Well, I'm not so sure but I do have about 3-4 handbags in mind that I would like to acquire in the next few months. I don't have a high income and live alone with responsibility for all the bills....so I'll see how it goes. I live in Florida and with our rising insurance crisis (my new rates are going to be a drain!) I may have to rethink my handbag addiction...dang it!

5. I wasn't thinking of a dollar amount until you asked this question.

I know what bags I want to get for 2007 (4 for sure), and when I just now added up how much they will each cost................WOWZA! I'm speechless.

But, my children are grown adults now, and I made many sacrifices for them. It's time for me now.

6. Yikes, I don't even want to predict....

7. I'm hoping to spend LESS than what I did last year.