How much weight can a BBag take?

I personally don't try to tote heavy things in any of my handbags. I put laptops in laptop bags. :lol: I know I'm abnormal about this as most ladies here carry all kinds of things in their purses. As they should! Magazines, water bottles, laptops, books, etc. etc. It's nice to have a purse that is functional as well. I think the idea of carrying all kinds of stuff in your purse came out when the Big Bag craze began a few years ago. Then everyone started carrying their life with them. I stick to the school of thought that a beautiful handbag is an accessory...I am also afraid of aging my bags before their time with the stress of all that weight!

It's just that for me a purse is a feminine accessory, so I try to keep it that way by carrying just the basics. Cosmetic purse, wallet and maybe a magazine...but otherwise I'm old school baby! :jammin: I keep the laptops to the laptop bags, the gym clothes to the gym bag and the school books to the satchels. Now if I had $$$ I'd buy designer laptop bags, designer bookbags, designer gym bags. :lol:

I once was heading out to the gym and thought, "My courier would hold everything I need."

Then I came to my senses when I realized I was thinking of using a Balenciaga solely as a GYM BAG. I looked at it and thought, "You're better than that." lol