How much weight can a BBag take?

Roxane

Horange!
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
I carried my new Grenat City to work today and stuffed 2 hardbacks about the size of phone books into it. It got me started thinking about how much weight can my BBag hold before I do some serious damage to it (like ripping the handles). I had been thinking of buying a Work to hold even more books (college textbooks), but now I wonder if I should perhaps go for a cheap canvas tote instead.

So, how much do you ladies weigh down your BBags?

I totally carry heavy stuff in my b bags! I think the fabric lining really carries the weight, and the straps are bolted on tightly. I carry a laptop, bottle of water, and all sorts of stuff in my weekender, and used to in my work when I had one. And I am finicky, don't like dirt on my bags, etc. But i don't think they need to be babied in terms of what you carry in them.

I once used my courier as my carry-on on an airplane, and it fared very well. I took my laptop and regular purse and some magazines; the only thing that got damaged was my shoulder, LOL.

Speaking of laptops, do you think the city could hold a laptop and a few magazines, or am I better off going for the work? I thought about the part-time, but I think the laptop would be too big vertically. Let me know what you all have experienced with stuffing your bbags. Thanks!

surlygirl said:
Speaking of laptops, do you think the city could hold a laptop and a few magazines, or am I better off going for the work? I thought about the part-time, but I think the laptop would be too big vertically. Let me know what you all have experienced with stuffing your bbags. Thanks!

There's a great thread that has pcis of what people put in:
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/whats-in-your-bbag-21923.html?highlight=bbag

If you have a small laptop (less than the size of a sheet of paper), you should be able to fit it into a City. I use my City for work and don't zip the top, and it holds letter sized folders (not legal)... I put tons of crap in it! I like how the City has the shoulder strap for when I'm carrying a lot.

surlygirl said:

surly, for that, i say you should go for the work or even the weekender.:yes:

I was actually wondering the same thing...because ever since I received my sky blue city...I just wanted to baby her and not over stuff her. I was scared that too much weight would tear the leather...but if people are putting laptops in their bbags...I'm sure carrying around my makeup bag shouldn't be a problem.

i think you'd be better off stuffing the bigger bags with super heavy stuff (work, courier, weekender) ;)...i wouldn't use my other styles for notebooks or computers & such, but that's just me :girlsigh:

People have said the City is good for laptops because there isn't so much free space for it to slide around. But once the laptop goes in, I think there isn't much more space for anything else more than a couple of magazines.

ummm, i stuff my CITY with loads of stuff... i always seem to carry so much stuff with me - i dont know y but i just do! :lol: i've never carried textbooks in my CITY but when i do stuff it with loads of stuff, it fills the shape out of the bag and i just carry it by its handles... i guess it stretches, but im sure b-bags are made well and they can stand anything we throw into them :wlae: