How much smaller is the 28 Kelly compared to the 30cm Birkin?

1. Is the 28 Kelly harder to access compared to 30cm Birkin?? TIA.

2. I find that the 28cm Kelly is significantly smaller and less spacious than a 30cm Birkin. I almost only carry 28cm Kellys for evening as they are too small for me during the day, and although I prefer a 35 Birkin, I carry 30 Birkin as well, and they always fit all my stuff. And, by access, if you mean getting in and out, I find Birkins much easier to get in and out of, but I almost always carry Birkins open and Kellys closed...so that could be part of the problem. If you mean access like difficulty to find a Boutique, a 30cm Birkin would be much harder to find than a 28cm Kelly.

Sorry if that's confusing...hope it helped.

3. dora_mon, welcome!

The 30 Birkin is going to be deeper, front to back, than the 28 Kelly. About an inch or so....it will be slightly less than an inch wider and it will be taller.

As for access, the Birkin would be easier with the belts unbuckled. Although, it's kind of like comparing apples and oranges.....they are not the same styling and it's difficult to say which is easier because unlike some wearers, I find the Kelly easier to use.

It comes down to differing opinions/personal preference, I feel.

4. Yes simply because one usually closes the Kelly and keeps the Birkin open at the top.

Here are some measurements FYI....

28cm Kelly: 11" x 8" x 4"
    30cm Birkin: 12" x 8-1/2" x 6"

5. I meant access, as in getting stuff in and out of the bag. Thanks.

6. I personally think I prefer to put more into my kelly 28 than birkin 30 (birkin handles are thinner, I don't want to over stuff it) and for some reason the Kelly just seems more durable.

7. I think any size Kelly is harder to access than a Birkin. JMO.

8. well, depends on how you wear them.
    most people wear birkin with flap tucked in and maybe straps hang out. the bag is open=very easy access.
    and most people wear kelly with flap over and closed=not as easy to access.

but if you wer the birkin with flap over, straps secured, turnkey lock, then that birkin is not going to be easier to get into than a kelly.

9. Taking into acccount that a birkin 30 can be worn relatively open, I would say it holds about 1/3 more than a kelly 28. Also since the kelly can't be worn open, the access is a bit more compicated.

10. :yes:

11. 28cm Kelly is definitely smaller as it is also not as wide as the 30cm Birkin. I love the look of 28cm Kellys though ... so elegant!