How much is your handbag collection worth?

1. This doesn't count the ones you've sold or given away, etc. Only applies to the ones you still have in your possession. Give us a Ball park number and also include how many bags you have! Hope this wasn't a thread in the past, and if you don't want to share because it's insane, that's ok, but i'm sure i'm not the only one that's curious!

btw, i keep a tally, and i will post mine when i get home... promise.

2. Um, I'm too afraid to actually tally. :shame:

3. I'll have to take a calculator with me to the closet -- no telling my husband the answer!

4. Fayden,
    This is a hard question! It's hard because I do not remember how many designer bags I owe and don't have a calculator nearby. However, I do think my bag collection is worth somewhere between $6,000-8,000 (U.S). I take good care of my bags, even the ugly ones.

You kind of got me thinking about what is the most expensive bag in my collection. Perhaps, I may do a post on that topic.

5. I feel the same way Suli. If I total I may go into shock and not buy another for a few months and I don't want to ruin the economy.:amuse:

6. Couldn't possibly remember, I have 5 closets in the house!.... Alot of tiny bags though. I am petit.

7. I don't actually know.. cause half of my bag is bought by my parents.. and my bag collection is very fluid since I trade bags with my mom.. I love her stuff so much. I really want to "GET", not trade, one of her Hermes, since I don't think I can trade with anything that I have now hahaha...

8. Well, I'm a bag collecting amature, so I'd say under 2000$ CAD (phew!)

Hopefully number will soon grow though ! :lol:

9. ok my turn. finally home. 8 bags in my collection, worth 7500.

10. I have no idea where to start the tally :lol: Just the ones in my room have a total purchase price of over $20,000 (USD) though. Probably around 15 bags in here. I have a bunch in storage, I don't even want to know what it would all add up to :lol:

11. How do you tally the number...based on what you paid or the current resale value?

12. that's a good questions esiders. i just tally on what i paid for it. so it could be actually worth more but since they are used, i would think the value goes down, unless it is vintage. none of my bags are vintage, i think it needs to be ten years old to quality as vintage right? so i just go with what i paid for... =)

13. Interesting, but not surprising, that most of us (me included!) did not actually answer the question....

14. ^^^its a tough question, and too much work to actually give a full answer :lol:

I did the tally of my partial based on what I paid for it. I have no idea what the exact resale value is for any of my bags.

15. For me its more a question of...."Do I really want to know the answer myself? How am I going to feel about that number? Lord knows its higher than I likely ever expected."