How much did you get your Tokidoki for?

I don't know how it's correctly spelled just how it sounds. My mom never really took the time to teach me much. She takes more pride in her chinese knowledge b/c she studied with one of the last refugee scholars from china when she was young. (Communist takeover)
I say banana because it's the chinese term my parents use. My ABC friends say twinkie. lol. My friend calls my bf a soy sauce chicken because he's dark! lol

Aww. Don't feel like that. Start your own groupy! haha. Yeah, I don't hang out with Taiwanese people because I feel out of sorts with them (a lot of them that I have met so far are kind of spoiled rotten rich kids), and I usually don't tell people about my grandma being mixed because I don't want to have to go through the whole explaination of how that happened (people usually ask for some reason).

Ha same here! I dont hang around chinese ppl either because majority of them are rich, spoiled and rotten and Im not!...Im just an average joe hahaha! Its funny ppl automatically assume that just because Im Chinese that Im smart in math or my family owns a store...but thats not true! I sure aint smart in math and my family dont own a store.

Tokidoki has been available in Toronto since they came out.There is a bag store in Yorkville,Ava's boutique on Eglinton Ave@ Avenue Rd.Both have lots of styles and patterns.They will special order as well.The shoe stores only carry 1,2 maybe 3 styles. If you live in the GTA go check out Ava's:yes:

I've heard/used all of them... my sis would be one of those :P white washed asians... twinkies (yellow on the outside white on the inside)... and bananas (but the darker type of yellow and light yellow on the inside)

but yeah I follow some stereotypes for asians and filipinos in general... my aunt is a nurse, my parents used to own a store, my brother is a doctor... I like anime, cute things... I used to be good at math and I can really excel in school if I try

Tokidoki has been available in Toronto since they came out.There is a bag store in Yorkville,Ava's boutique on Eglinton Ave@ Avenue Rd.Both have lots of styles and patterns.They will special order as well.The shoe stores only carry 1,2 maybe 3 styles. If you live in the GTA go check out Ava's:yes:

Really? That's great! :yahoo: That's funny cause I use to live at Eglinton and Avenue and have totally missed it! I'm gonna go check it out!

what's the name of the store at Yorkville? Is it that little one across from "over the rainbow"?

Thanks again! :heart:

Really? That's great! :yahoo: That's funny cause I use to live at Eglinton and Avenue and have totally missed it! I'm gonna go check it out!

what's the name of the store at Yorkville? Is it that little one across from "over the rainbow"?

Thanks again! :heart:
She might be talking about taschen....

WOW, there are way more asians on this toki forum than I thought (me included!) Its cute! We look like typical asian girls and their cutesy handbags! ahahah

more than i thought too! my cousin calls those girls, "hello kitty girls" and yeah, i'm one of them too! hahaha. i'm japanese/chinese (cantonese) but a lot of people think i look asian with a little caucasian because of my freckles. i can speak a little japanese but it's fading more and more each day. :sad: the only chinese i know is food stuff. lol. popo likes to eat. :smile:

I'm surprised at how many cantonese people are part of this forum rather than just asians..lol I don't meet that many people who are and my campus if 46% asian