How much did YOU enjoy highschool?

It was okay...I can't say that it was a total blast, though. I wasn't popular, but I had my own friends. And I was a total nerd. It's weird, though, because I knew a lot of guys who liked me (and a couple of them were pretty popular, too) and I didn't know what they saw in me (I don't say this to brag because sometimes I got in trouble with some popular girls :cursing:...def NOT fun). I didn't mingle with them too often and I doubt I had anything in common with them. :rolleyes: Losers....

Despite some of the crap I've been through, college was MUCH better.

I had a BLAST in high school. My neighborhood was rezoned so out of my class of 350 or so, I only knew about 25 or so on that first day. The rest of the students had all grown up together. I just took it as a huge opportunity to start over and just get out there and try new things as hardly anyone knew me.

I got super involved in music and performing...piano, choirs, you name it. We had an incredible Director and we did a lot of performing and touring around the Seattle area and around the state, competitions, etc. It was hard balancing performing with studies but it did give me a huge boost of self confidence and self discipline that I still draw on today.

Now, I really don't keep in touch with anyone from high school but I have great memories. For me, the lifelong friends are from college and beyond.

So it's not the best years of your life, IMO...it's just the beginning!

I really loved high school Then again, I grew up in Manila and HS is a different experience here. I loved learning, made tons of friends, got into a lot of interesting things, met some nice guys and pretty much had a blast.

I hated high school. My life is infinitely better now, and I'm happy I didn't "peak" early. I've heard some people say that it was the best times of their lives, and that makes me feel sorry for them.

I went to a small private school that was grade 6 - 12. My class was very small, but I never fit in, was often made fun of, and was overall bored. I enjoyed university much more. It was wonderful to choose my own classes, to meet new people, and to be in an environment where being smart was not synonymous with being dorky. I also enjoyed no longer being in such a small school where everyone knew everyones business and there was a lot of gossip and catty behavior. Right now I'm looking at graduate programs and I anticipate that I will enjoy that even more than undergrad.

Honestly, high school for me was not easy. I was insecure and it was hard to be in a school with the barbie girls everywhere. I suppose I looked like one too, blonde, tall, lean, but at the time I did not think so. I had a boyfriend that went to a different school, but it just wasn't a secure feeling for me.

I had a great group of friends though and loved my athletic team. When I look back on it, it was a fun time. But I also am glad I am not still re-living those days. I am so glad I moved on. High school was not the best years of my life, the best years of my life are now :yes:

I didn't like high school. Looking back on it, maybe I would have done things differently. I mean, I had my set of friends and stuff but I felt like I didn't fit in... like I was more "aware" of things than my peers were. Too mature for my age maybe? I always felt different from the other kids. Either way, not a good period for me. College + university = much better :tup:

i hated high school. i lived in Florida, South Africa and Paris for 4 years before i went back to Malaysia to start high school. i was 14 going on 15 then, which was really the wrong time because at that age everyone was forming their own little cliques. i went to a tiny private school where everyone knew everyone else's business, and my classmates knew from Day 1 that i had just come back from living abroad, and they told everyone else in the school. so for the first couple of months i was known as the 'Asian white trash'.

that being said though, the only thing i liked about high school was the fact that i could participate in the school musicals and plays, because i love to sing and act