How much beauty rest to you need/get?

1. Just saw a special on sleep...and realize that really only need around 7 hours of sleep to feel fully re-energized the next. When I get more than that it actually makes me even more tired the next day.

I heard that some people really only need/sleep for like three hours? Are you one of those people or are you like me who needs around 7? My sister on the other had is one of those that need around 8-9 hours of sleep to function.

I guess it all depends but on the show it advised that getting the right amount sleep affects the metabolism therefore affecting your appetite. I do notice that I snack more when I'm tired...

2. i defiantly snack when im tired.. i need at least 8hours.. at least..

im barely getting that.

i also heard that if you usually sleep at 9-8 everyday... and then u suddently change it to 10-8 everyday.. on the 7th day your body will react as if it hastn slept in 24 hours.. ( or something to that effect)

3. i am trying to sleep early and when i do that i am able to get a good 8-9 hrs of sleep. i don't get much sleep when i travel and very often i get moody so when i do get back home, i will try to catch up with my beauty rest. i used to be able to sleep for 4-5 hrs and still be energetic during my University days.

4. Working nights makes it impossible to get enough sleep. I have to do most of my sleeping in the day time which just isn't natural. When I am off, it's hard to adjust to my husband's schedule, esp. if I have only one day off. Sometimes I miss being single, when I could sleep all day and stay up all night doing housework, reading, watching TV, etc.. I occassionally do it now but I am too conscious of my DH asleep in the next room. Anyway, I have figured out that I need at least 9 hours of night-time sleep, which I hardly ever get.

5. I get about 8 hours sleep on weekdays but I like to have more. 9+ hours suits me best.

6. 5-6 hours sleep is just fine for me.

7. I'm at my best with 8 hours. And I LOVE a good afternoon nap!

8. I need 7-8 hours.
    I get about 4-5 hours.
    I'm always tired!

9. I get about 7 1/2 hours sleep during the work week, and probably about 9 on weekends. It works for me.

10. I probably get 5 to 6 hrs a night.

11. Wow I am embarrassed to say that I probably get apx 10 hours of sleep a night!!!

I am good on 8, though:smile:

12. I need my 8 hours but it's usually 6 1/2 or 7 on week nights.

On weekends, I get at least 9 but I don't like sleeping the day away. My family and friends know not to call me before 9am on weekends :lol: .

13. 6-7 hrs. is perfectly fine for me :yes:

14. I like to get 7-8, but lately it's been an average of 3-4 (If I'm lucky) I've been having terrrible insomnia, perhaps it's from stress. Anyone else have this? Last night for example I didn't sleep at all, so it's been 48hours since I've gotten any rest, and I'm beginning to look pretty rough! I can really see it in my skin, beauty sleep really is essential!

15. I feel best when I get 8-9 hours of sleep (but this is super rare.) Normally I get anywhere from 4-7 hours... I hate insomnia. :sad: