how michael kors just lost themselves a customer

i am so sorry to hear about your bags...UGH...i own 2 michael kors bags...one from his couture line (drawstring rehearsal that i just got...marked down to 500 from 1395) and the beverly drawstring shoulder bag which is made of amazing leather...the michael kors store that i go to has wonderful SAs and they have aways told me that ALL parts of his bags (no matter which line they are from) have a 1 year warranty for parts and problems...i think it is awful how you were treated...please update us!

I would find out who the district manager is or contact corporate and let them know what happened to the bag AND how their manager treated you. This is very similar to what happened to a cheapo B Makowsky bag I bought a year ago. The handle faded and peeled after a couple of months, and then sat in the closet for the next 5 months. I was upset, so I contacted the manufacturer and they wouldn't repair or replace, so I went to the store where purchased and talked to the manager, who was not willing to help. So I got the phone number of the district manager from customer service, and told her what happened. The store gave me a complete refund almost 8 months after it happened!

Don't drop this - you are owed money!!! Here's some info:

For all general inquiries, please send an e-mail to:
[email protected]

Call a customer service
representative from
Michael Kors:

Corporate Headquarters:
Michael Kors (Usa), Inc.
11 W. 42Nd Street
New York, NY 10036

At this site, you can chat online with a rep:
http://www.michaelkors.com/store/service/nmAssistance.jhtml

^ Wow, tess, that's really nice of you to post all that info!!!

And I 100% agree with your approach - don't give up, gabz - you will get your money back, and in the process perhaps make the nasty manager you spoke with think twice before treating the next customer so poorly. I am sorry that you have to go through this.

take it up the chain and i have no doubt you'll get refunded. if that means going above this store's manager to a district manager, or even corporate.

as stated, don't mention tpf in any letter. i highly doubt corporate would be influenced much by mention of a handbag forum anyhow. the issue alone will be enough to get your desired results.

and i've never bought a michael by michael kors, but have a michael kors collection bag and it's amazing. and bought from nordstrom, so they'd address a refund if any issues. which i have had none. you got unlucky, but don't give up on the brand, i'd say the collection bags are really well made.

I have several MK bags and never had a problem with any. I think they would want to know what happened to your new bag, and especially about the unfriendly attitude of the manager.

So DH was downtown so he took the bag back to the store. The manager was horribly rude to him again! She said that this is not deffective and metallic leather just does this normally. Im sorry but ive never heard of leather splitting before I don’t care what kind it is! She said it was wear and tear. She said she will try to do a refun if she can only if her location can avoid taking a financial hit bc she doesn’t want to process it as deffective bc it is "hardly noticeable." she said to call her next wk sometime. oh and if I shop there again anything is final sale. As if I would shop in her store ever again! This woman is a capital B. I don’t care how smal lthe area is leather still split. To me that is not something that should happen. I don’t think I overreacted.

I don't like the tactic the manager used. I believe the longer she has you keep the bag, they can say you can no longer return it!! I would start putting everything in writing and send it on to the CEO @ headquarters ASAP! - That is my advice and it works! The SA and manager are morons! All they have to do is look at the date on your receipt and see for themselves. For several hundred dollars they should appease a customer. Instead this customer is venting to several thousand potential customers! I would give the big guys @ headquarters a chance to rectify this problem so that you can move on. Sorry this has happened to you!

You should absolutely follow the advice on here and take it up the chain. That little salesgirl needs to be put in her place. Apart from the bag quality being unacceptable, her attitude is just shocking!

thanks for the support ladies! i wrote to corporate. i v nice lady from the states wrote back to say she fwd'd this to canadian corporate. she took it v seriously and said if i dont hear from CS by Monday to call her