How many hours do you sleep at night?

1. I just read a great article (which I posted in another thread) on sleep. It said most people don't get enough sleep and are constantly making excuses for it.

So, how much do you sleep everynight? How much do you think you need?

Sleep article
  2. Before Julia came along, I got around 8 hours per night - depending on the day of the week it was and what time my classes started. Now that Julia's here - I still get around 8 hours a day, but it's usually broken up. She wakes up around once per night (sometimes twice) so I get around 3-4 hours of sleep each time
  3. Anywhere from 6-8 hours. Even when I get lots of sleep, I'm still super tired!
  4. i average about 4-5 hours of actually sleep...then a few hours of refusing to get out of bed, but i'm awake by then.
  5. About 6-9.
  6. :wtf: How do you function?
  7. I have lost my ability to sleep well. I guess I get about 4 - 5 hours sleep a night, but even that is restless and broken with bouts of waking up for hours on end.

I have an appt. with the dr. on Tuesday to see if I can get some medicine for the problem. I agree with the article in your link...I would function better with 7 -9 hours of sleep, I just know it.
  8. As many hours as I can get.
  9. uhm. i really don't, honestly. i mean, i get through the day, but i'm always tired (ironic- i'm always tired, but can never sleep long)...makes for some rough days.
  10. I usually get 7 hours, but would like to get 8
  11. I'd say an average of 7hrs. I have an early start (gotta be up by 6am) and I feel OLD if I go to bed before 11pm, so usually it's 7 or 6hrs of sleep.
  12. I usually get 7 hours, but i NEED 9.5. Then i am super active and alert. :yahoo:
    what is important for me, however, is how early do I need to wake up. If it is before 7 then I would be tired no matter how early i went to bed the night before.
    But let me sleep till 10 and I'll be good even with 5 hours :p
  13. I like 9 - 10, but never get it. I would say during the week I get between about 5-7, depending on how busy work is, but try to catch up on the weekends.

I got CFS when I was 17, so I just consider myself lucky that I seem to have recovered from it. Back then I was seriously sleeping about 18 hours a night/day. Occassionally if I have been really busy I do get run down and will sleep for about 14 hours straight, but now I just accept it's my body's way of telling me to have a break.
  14. 6-8 hours. I am rarely in bed before midnight every night and often pay the price the next day. I used to be an early riser, up at 5am and at work between 6:30 and 7am.

Fast forward a few years and my work culture changed to where most people didn't get to the office until 9am or later. That combined with my skating and late night hockey games has slowly turned me into a night owl.
  15. I don't sleep well at all. I get about 4-5 hours a night and less some nights.
    No I don't funtion well I feel like a walking zombie every day.
    I take non addictive sleep meds and they do nothing for me.

I am going to talk to my doctor about having a sleep test done.