How many here bashed LV Monogram line and now they love them?..

ROFL...I couldn't believe when I saw this thread, I was just thinking about this!

In my teens my mom had Gucci, oh! those dr bags...I thought they were so great! In my Junior year my mom bought me a brown camera 'bag', I used as a purse, the Senior year a blue flap purse...I slowly added accessories, a tote...so exited when black and white came out...it was Gucci! Gucci! Gucci! I thought LV was boring.

Now I couldn't care about 95% of the Gucci's out...not sure why the switch.

I will have to say I still have my blue purse (pretty beat up, just by the nature of using it through high school and collegr...and ack! being over 25 years old)...but I still have 2 wallets, a checkbook cover, and a make up bag that are over 20 years old and look almost new...so that does say something :smile:

I used to dislike LV overall, I thought that high school girls who wore them only wanted to show their status...

Then my guy friend got me hooked.

I only like the Cherry Blossom series at first, but now I'm in loveeee with monogram bags too!

i didn't like the mono..I always call it a grandma's bag then.But when they launched the multicolore line i fell in love with it, it was the first one i bought but eventually realized i should have the monogram, the classic line.(now have 3 from mono.)

My love for LV keeps growing, i have bags from different lines too, i just can't stop adoring everything about LV.:love: :love:

I still don't like monogram that much...but I loove seeing the older ones on the arms of women on the bus. It looks better than the ones with lighter vachetta, and the LV letters aren't as conspicuous so it looks more classic.

I always said I would never buy a LV because I didn't like the pattern and the price. But they grew on me and I bought my first one and now I am crazy in love.

I always used to hate Louis Vuitton. I used to ALWAYS bash the monogram because i THOUGHT it was tacky and retarded. That was when my fashion sense was terrible. But then I realized how nice LV is and the monogram isn't THAT bad. Damier is and will always be my favorite, but I think I would like LV's monogram bags more if the Vachetta didn't show a patina. For some reason that orange color just isn't my favorite. I really don't see myself getting anything monogram though. Just seems like it's everywhere. But yea, I used to think LV looked ugly and old and would scoff at anyone who had a LV bag. I just didn't pay attention to high designer fashion. So clearly, my thoughts have changed about LV since my earlier years haha.:heart: :yes:

my first LV love was actually the MC line , and now i find myself disliking it (sorry).....
mono was my second great LV love and i still love it up to this day.....
now, i'm beginning to love the damier and the epi lines as well....

I never bashed it, but I've never been really fond of the Monogram line. Like I looove the BH, but I wish it it came in Damier. I just like the Damier line more. I think it's the vachetta. I'm one of those people that doesn't like patina. I do like the LE monogram pieces, though, like the Cerises. I looove the Cerises line. Technically, it's Monogram, isn't it? lol. So, hmmm....I guess I do like the line then. hahaha.:P

I just read this old post of mine from when I first started posting on this subforum. I have to admit that I've changed. I love the LV Monogram line now! I've got a few Mono pieces on my wishlist now!:heart:

I bashed LV in general, but then again I thought LV=mono, so techically it was mono that I was critisizing to death.
But that´s bc :
-the pattern is not beautiful (and very ...brown) in itself.
-And the people I knew who carried it were the snotiest, non likeable people.
If I disliked a girl bc she was "all that", the fact she had a LV bag, would just confirm my opinion....(and send her Bf to get her bag for her in the car).
From the old french conservative bourgeoise fart to the young english snotty fashionista.......wow did I put my adjectives in the right order ??
But I changed my mind....wonderfull people are entitled to own LV too and they do ! and mono is classy, timeless, and resistant material