How many handbags do you have that your husband does not know about

My hubby knows about the bags, but not what they cost. He doesn't want to know. And so long as i'm not putting us in debt or myself in debt i don't think he cares. However if i was to calculate all the bags together and then tell him what i'd spent over the years i think he would have a fit (and quite possibly so would i) So best not do that.

What husband??? ha ha. Actually, I just started dating someone, and one of my friends asked me in front of him, "Did you keep that $400 bag you just bought?" I told her I was going to return it (which I am) and he said, "Oh, can you do that with Ebay?" - I had just recently gotten one on Ebay which I told him about because it was a disaster. So I had to tell him, "No, this is a different one we are talking about. I have to return one because I can't afford them both." (purchased with Xmas money) So I think he is seeing the beginning!!

It's funny you should ask, because the other day I showed my SO my new Cynthia Rowley bag. I actually pointed out that it was new and asked his opinion, which I never do. I usually wait to see if he notices, which he never does. And his dead serious reply was "Another one? How many bags do you have? 10? 12?"

My response was something like: :oh:.................. :roflmfao:

He has absolutely no idea how many bags I have. He would DIE if he knew!!!

My husband notices everything; plus he know price points of all the different designers. He grew up with mostly sisters and a father who loved expensive things. So unfortunately he knows, but he is somewhat supportive as long as I am reasonable about it. I don't spend too much or buy too often and he is okay with it.

My hubby knows about the bags, but not what they cost. He doesn't want to know. And so long as i'm not putting us in debt or myself in debt i don't think he cares. However if i was to calculate all the bags together and then tell him what i'd spent over the years i think he would have a fit (and quite possibly so would i) So best not do that.

This is exactly my situation!

He likes to pretend they are all cheap. So I let him. LOL.

;)If I have a new purse and it was expensive, I tell my husband that it was on sale. He built a shelving unit for my purses so he knows I have a lot and that I have my favorites. So it's hard to keep a new purse from him. He just doesn't need to know the price.

All of my expensive bags (except one) were gifts from my DH. A long time ago, I made the mistake of educating him on the fine art of purse buying (my favorite designers, styles, etc.). Now he knows exactly how much a Chanel is if I obsess over it. So my answer is none. Fortunately, he is great about appreciating my "need" for pretty bags and shoes. He is really pretty awesome about it. If we can afford for me to buy a new one, we do...if not? Well, there is always a birthday, anniversary, or Christmas to look forward to.

I don't really hide them, although I've tried. (Obviously didn't work). I normally tell him when he does see it that it is about 1/3rd less than the price I paid. It seems to work better that way.

I don't hide mine...I pay for them, so why should I? He likes to spend his money on golf clubs and watches, I like to spend mine on bags. Actually he's a pretty good sport about it; last Thurs I had a deliver from HH (Ruby Lorca) and Active Endeavors (Chestnut RM MAB) on the same day, he knew I was dying to see them, so as the boxes arrived he opened them and sent me picture msgs to see my new bags! Cute, huh?

I don't want to get a divorce.

DH knows all about everything that I buy, and I know all about everything DH buys. We have always combined our money. We are married, we are one, so we have one checking/saving everything account with one budget. I could not imagine it any other way!

I don't tell him the cost, but he knows what I have and that my collection is expensive since he knows brands: Vuitton, Dior, Fendi, Celine... I earn my own money so I NEVER spend his money on any of my purchases, so I have no guilt. I budget for my own luxury items, and therefore I don't have anything to hide. Plus, we share a large walk-in closet so he sees all the purses lined up and the boxes! Same goes with my shoe collection too! ;)

:roflmfao: I am so with you! Whenever I know a package is coming, I spend the whole day hoping that it will arrive when my hubby isn't home (or at least when he is outside doing yard work or something)! If he is home, I try to be really non-chalant and I sneakily take it into my closet and unpack it. :graucho: If he isn't home I can dance around the house modeling for a while. Then when he sees me using a bag later and says something I just play innocent like, "what? this is old!" He's probably on to me (he's not that gullible!) but at least acts like he believes me!
quote]

I am laughing, this sounds so much like me. I've bought a lot of bags, but thankfully never go into debt. I only buy what I can afford.