how many days a week should you workout?

1. i've read so many different articles, magazine, etc.. and it seems like they all say different things about how many days you should workout per week and how long the workout should be per day.

right now - i workout 4 days a week.

i am just wondering that in order to lose weight, how many days per week should you workout .. and how many days per week do you all work out?

2. it really depends on what type of workouts you do I think most recommend 3-5 for cardio resistance is 1 day worked 1 day rest
  3. I don't think there is a specific routine/number of days that everyone should follow. Everyone is different, every body is different. Play around with different workout routines and see what works best for you. Make sure you're eating enough, that your nutrition comes from wholesome, healthy foods, that you're drinking enough water and getting enough sleep. These are all factors to consider when it comes to staying healthy and maintaining a healthy weight.

When forming your workout plan, make sure you include both cardio and weights. Weight training is important for building muscle, raising your metabolism so that you burn more calories at rest. Muscles also just rock :nuts: Cardio is good for burning fat. It's all about what works for your body and helps you achieve your goals.
  4. I've been told by a couple different sources that it's 80% diet, 20% working out that helps with weight loss. Therefore I tell myself that it's not as big a deal if I don't work out as much as I should. When I used to have a personal trainer and went to her three times a week I gained weight. I was eating too much.
  5. 3 to 5 is have to have days to rest so your muscles can recover
  6. I think most professionals will recommend 20-30 mins 3 times a week. That is for cardio.

I don't know about weights.
  7. Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun: Jogging for about 70 minutes.
    Tue, Thur, Sat: Upper body and abs workout.

Every day I guess.
  8. I do a total body workout dvd which includes strenous lunges, squats, crunches, chest and arm work with weights and back exercises about 3 times a week... then fill up the rest of my week with cardio, either dancing or power walking on the treadmill. My aim isn't really to lose weight coz I weigh only a 109 to 111 pounds. My goal is to be healthy and fit and this regime works best for me!
  9. Most professionals do recommend 30 minutes 3 times a week and 2 days of high rep low weight, weight training :yes:
  10. if you don't mind me asking - what is the DVD called?

right now, i'm doing advanced taebo (the bootcamp version).. i've been doing it for a while, but is still a challenge. i should probably change it up pretty soon though.
  11. I enjoy going 5 days a week.
  12. I've gradually moved up to 6 days a week. I started out with 3 days a week. After the workouts got easier, I'd add one more day, and so on.
  13. I personally believe that if your goal is real weight loss you need to workout at least 5 days per week----these workouts should be at least 45 minutes.
    It has been my experience that anything less will only help you to maintain your current weight and possibly tone up---which is also good-- but you will lose weight slowly this way.

The body doesn't start to dip into your fat stores for fuel until 20 minutes of your workout have gone by---that's why I recommend working out for at least 45 minutes. I also recommend working out on an empty stomach so that you are using your fat stores as energy and not the food that's sitting in your stomach. Again, this is my own personal opinion and it's how I do things. It has worked for me.

To really bump up the fat loss workout at least 5 days a week. Also your 'diet' is key. Really watch what you eat--and drink!

I do Leslies Sansones workouts and most last 45 minutes -1 hour. I sometimes do her workouts twice per day. They are effective and fun..easy movements. It's Walking with Aerobics basically---It's a great workout and very easy to stick with. HTH

14. It's called "The next challenge " by Cindy Crawford. Trust me, its amazing..... beyond amazing, it works really well for me.
  15. thanks to everyone, you've all been very helpful :yes: