How many bags are too many bags?

Ok, swift count through my closet - currently standing at 22. Will be hopefully getting 2 or 3 more this year (have already selected).

I use my bags, so I never feel like they're sitting around not getting used. I change bags frequently and usually have 2 or 3 on good regular rotation for work & play.

I think if you can't remember all your bags, you probably should sit down and take an inventory, in case there's some treasure sitting around that's DYING to be taken out and shown off!!

But there's no such thing as too many bags. You can have lots of bags. So what? Some people have lots of underwear.

If anyone gives you a hard time, tell them to come to TPF and say their piece! We'll sort them!

I feel like when you barely use some of your bags, then maybe you have too many, or maybe you didn't make the right choices... then it's a matter of personal opinion :P

I think it really depends on your lifestyle. Like me? 5 would be more than enough. I always bring the same tote to work. The only time I wear a different purse is when I go out during the weekend. So a work tote, an evening clutch, a comfortable purse when I go shopping, a pretty one to meet friends, and a cheap bag for doing grocery shopping are pretty much all I need. Anything more than that would make me happy, but not useful. I feel very bad when I have something sitting at home not being used.

I know how you feel. I get the same comments from my husband and mom and I don't have anywhere near as many as you have.

Right now I have 9 but 6 are evening bags that I only use occasionally. I just sold 7 bags on Ebay that I wasn't using and have one more to sell.

With the exception of an evening bag, it feels like a waste of money to me if the bag isn't used regularly. So I sold ones that I'm over to make roon for the new. It would like another brown one (while it pretty, I hate carrying the one I have but it's a gift from my husband), white one, and another colored one. Then I feel I should have plenty to handle all situations.

If you aren't going into debt then it really isn't anyone's business how you choose to spend you money.

I "collect" vintage bags so I don't think there's such a thing as too many... that said every time I've moved I've weeded through my collection and edited out pieces that I hadn't used or that didn't add something to the collection.

If I could afford all designer bags, I'd be collecting those too and would have as many or more than my vintage bags.

Right now, I have 5 designer bags but I wish I had more.

I have too many to count. I have only a handful of high end designer bags and the rest are all my "fun" bags like Kenneth Cole, Michael Kors etc.

Oh geez, you can never have too many bags, or shoes. I think it's all a matter of personal choice. I have about 20 and I plan to have many more. If it's something we enjoy I don't think we should limit ourselves. Why feel guilty if it's something we all work for? I love collecting handbags.

my motto is "you can never have too many bags," but seriously to answer your question:
I guess when your bags are spewing out of your room (or wherever you normally keep them) into the other parts of the house, it's time to do some spring cleaning or make more room for them.

I have about 16. Personally I never want more than I actually use. As long as you use them I don't think there's ever a limit, when they start collecting dust then I start purging my collection.