How Long?

1. i don't want to discuss my situation or get into the WHOLE ordeal of things. those of you who have followed my threads and what not know some of the situation!

i just need to know how soon can you take a pregnancy test.

no questions or comments if you lovelies can help it... i am just trying to verify what is or isn't, so i can move on with my life! oi vay!

i just need to know if it's been enough time to take a damn test.

:love: thanks ladies.
  2. The latest tests are 5 days before your period is due. Besure to do it first thing in the morning when your hcg levels would be highest.
  3. thank you SO much. i think i'm going to do it today or tomorrow. roommate wants to wait till sunday for some reason. i think it's cuz we both don't work. *sigh*
  4. Viciousbliss,

hey i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that it's negative...

here's what i found out... like what twinkle said....

Check out :

How do pregnancy tests work?

Pregnancy tests look for a special hormone in the urine or blood that is only there when a woman is pregnant. This hormone, human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), can also be called the pregnancy hormone.
    The pregnancy hormone, hCG, is made in your body when a fertilized egg implants in the uterus. This usually happens about 6 days after conception. But studies show that the embryo doesn't implant until later in some women. The amount of hCG increases drastically with each passing day you are pregnant.

Many home pregnancy tests claim they can tell if you're pregnant on the day you expect your period. But a recent study shows that most don't give accurate results this early in pregnancy. Waiting one week after a missed period will usually give a more accurate answer.
  5. thats what my roommate wanted to do, was wait. if i waited till 1 week after my missed aunt flo, i'd have a bit less than a week to wait. thank you SO much for this information. you don't know how helpful that is.

:love: u rock socks guys :love:
  6. I'd also make sure you get one of the better tests--I think some can detect lower levels of the hormone than others. If I remember, I think First Response was supposed to be able to detect lower levels, but not totally sure if I remember accurately. Try googling around a little for that info.
  7. Ya it's First Response, Early Result Pregnancy Test. that's what the FAQ site i posted earlier said.... I'm actually VERY surprised that they are not all equally as good and i went back to check and make sure they were linked to NIH as they claimed before posting the info for viciousbliss and they are indeed linked to NIH

viciousbliss, I copied the relevant section below. Am happy to help however i can. I bet it's stressful and actually it makes it worse coss stress will screw up with your cycle.... so as crazy as this sounds, try to relax so you can induce your cycle to be as normal as it can be and hopefully you won't even have to buy the darn HPT!!!

BIG HUGS :heart::heart::heart:

How accurate are home pregnancy tests?

Home pregnancy tests (HPTs) can be quite accurate. But the accuracy depends on many things. These include:
    • How you use them - Be sure to follow the directions and check the expiration date.
    • When you use them - The amount of hCG or pregnancy hormone in your urine increases with time. So, the earlier after a missed period you take the test the harder it is to spot the hCG. If you wait one week after a missed period to test, you are more apt to have an accurate result. Also, testing your urine first thing in the morning may boost the accuracy.
    • Who uses them - The amount of hCG in the urine is different for every pregnant woman. So, some women will have accurate results on the day of the missed period while others will need to wait longer.
    • The brand of test - Some home pregnancy tests are more sensitive than others. So, some tests are better than others at spotting hCG early on.
    Many HPTs claim to be 99% accurate on the day you miss your period. But research suggests that most HPTs do not consistently spot pregnancy that early. And when they do, the results are often very faint.
    In a 2004 study, researchers tested the accuracy of 18 HPTs sold in retail stores. They found that only one brand consistently detected the low levels of hCG usually present on the first day of the missed period. This was the First Response, Early Result Pregnancy Test. The other tests missed up to 85% of pregnancies on the first day of the missed period. Most tests accurately confirmed pregnancies one week after the missed period.
    Which brand of pregnancy test is the most accurate?

Some brands of tests can pick up lower levels of hCG than others. But limited research makes it impossible to say for sure which one is the best. Even so, two studies suggest that First Response, Early Result Pregnancy Test may be more sensitive than others. So for women who want test early, this is probably the best product.
  8. Will keep everything crossed for you Bliss, and let us know as soon as you're able what the results are. :flowers:
  9. Please remember if it is positive that does not necessary mean you are pregnant, there are other hormones that can give you a false positive. If you are negitive however it is definately a negative.
  10. thank you lovlies. i'll probably buy a pack of 2 first responses after work tomorrow. results to be coming soon. my friend said that both times she was prego she got a negative test back. oi vay.
  11. umm...i don't think so.

false negatives are common...but not false positives..
  12. yeah i took one (330pm) and it said negative. i will take one tomorrow morning to make sure (yes i got 2) and they were First Response, (ty god they come 2 in a pack!)

i HOPE TO FKN GOD that was right.

no false negative pls thanks life. lol

:love: thanks for the support ladies
  13. definitely wait until tomorrow morning with first morning urine...even those tests say if you are testing early (before your missed periods) you need to use first morning uring when HCG is more concentrate...or you may get a false negative.

best of luck
  14. or just kidding i'm going to wait a week and take the other one to be damn sure. my missed period would be like the 20th of May, so a week after that i guess. jesus H christ.
  15. Hang in there, sweetie. We're all pulling for you here! :flowers: